No announcement yet.

Cheap snorkel update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've not heard a word about this and have the ar$e ache over it. I like any communication even if it's....... I can't be bothered....... It's not going to happen...... Give me a month to sort it..... I have sent emails.

Anything, but there has been nothing... So I'm going down the spainish route.

I will let you know how I get on... Yeah it's a bit of a pain, but only £20 more.

Sorry it has not worked out guys and thanks to all who got involved and sent info to the shop.
    Unless someone has heard different??...

Kev
    .... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Rally Micra View Post
      I've not heard a word about this and have the ar$e ache over it. I like any communication even if it's....... I can't be bothered....... It's not going to happen...... Give me a month to sort it..... I have sent emails.

I will let you know how I get on... Yeah it's a bit of a pain, but only £20 more.

Sorry it has not worked out guys and thanks to all who got involved and sent info to the shop.

Kev
      I've not had a single reply to any emails which either means they aren't getting through and they need to sort their email system out (doesn't give the best impression of them but these things happen from time to time) or they are just ignoring me (gives me a pretty ###### awful impression of them!).

Top marks for trying though, matey.

Let us know how things go with our Spanish cousins cos I suspect there will be a few of us waiting for the results!

Comment

Kev
        Well done for trying, Kev. Personally I think that this guy is a bit of a time waster and that the Spanish option is looking more viable. Please let us know how you get on.....Good luck....Mick.
        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Cheers guys..... Hola, Como esta? Just getting ready..
          .... Which was nice.

Comment

I have gone for the easy option from malasia because you can push the paypal button. £127.00

As per this thread

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=70937
            The spainish one involves doing a bank transfer.... Lots of form filling and hassle so for an extra £7.00 i will be waiting for a parcel from the far east.
            Last edited by Overland Tonka; 28 May 2011, 22:00.
            .... Which was nice.

Comment

I have gone for the easy option from malasia because you can push the paypal button. £127.00

As per this thread

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=70937
              The spainish one involves doing a bank transfer.... Lots of form filling and hassle so for an extra £7.00 i will be waiting for a parcel from the far east.
              Don't forget to add import tax & VAT on the whole price too...

That'll probably add another £25 or so at a guess (try googling uk import tax calculator)

Comment

The last item I got they marked as a gift....you never know your luck
                .... Which was nice.

Comment

The snorkel arrived today... Horray..... I was out... Boo.... I drove past the fed ex van in my road... Double boo... Rang them up to get the driver to turn around... Errr we can't get him on his mobile... Ba$tards!

So tomorrow it is then over to Tony for him to slag it off or give the thumbs up when he fits it.
                  .... Which was nice.

Comment

Got all your other boxes from RT today.

I was out too, but delivery guys always leave them in garage for me.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post

Got all your other boxes from RT today.

I was out too, but delivery guys always leave them in garage for me.
                      Cheers tony...Good stuff. Yeah most other delivery guys do the same for me...but not this muppet. Looks like the snorkel kit is not complete. The info on ebay shows it minus the tube connection through the wing into the airbox. Should be fun!..
                      .... Which was nice.

Comment

Box came back to mine today....

The quality is ok and it gives a makers name along with "made in australia" hmmmm.... Not sure about that but I will google the name later.

You get the snorkel, ram air top bit, template made of fiberglass and screws/metal fitting strip for the outside stuff.

Once you have a hole through to the air box it's down to you to sort out a bit of tube another bits to connect it up.

3 days to get here was impressive and it was labeled as a gift....so £127.00 in total. Not bad I think and looking at the pics it looks to be the same as the spainish one.
                        .... Which was nice.

Comment

Box came back to mine today....

The quality is ok and it gives a makers name along with "made in australia" hmmmm.... Not sure about that but I will google the name later.

You get the snorkel, ram air top bit, template made of fiberglass and screws/metal fitting strip for the outside stuff.

Once you have a hole through to the air box it's down to you to sort out a bit of tube another bits to connect it up.

3 days to get here was impressive and it was labeled as a gift....so £127.00 in total. Not bad I think and looking at the pics it looks to be the same as the spainish one.
                          Nice one Kev! If you wouldn't mind posting all the details, including your credit card number (just kidding, mate), I think I'll go down that route too....Cheers....Mick.

Comment

Here you go guys...like I said I got the details from elsewhere on HLS.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ht_2427wt_1206

The communication from the seller was amazing...this also included the Fed Ex tracking.
                            .... Which was nice.

Comment

Here you go guys...like I said I got the details from elsewhere on HLS.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ht_2427wt_1206

The communication from the seller was amazing...this also included the Fed Ex tracking.
                              I love the way that he covers his ar5e......."Snorkel only. Car not included"........Cheers....Mick.

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                                I love the way that he covers his ar5e......."Snorkel only. Car not included"........Cheers....Mick.
                                Yeah...made me snigger. I asked for a total Inc the postage as when you push the buy it now button it asks you to confirm it with the seller. From then on I had instant emails from him telling me he had licked the stamps and was getting his mate with a moped to take the package to the post office..
                                .... Which was nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X