My first Surf.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Surf.

Hi all. I saw my old Surf parked up in town the other day and had a chance to take some pics of it. I bought it in May 2002. A 1991 2.4 td. We only had it for 5 weeks and it boiled up on us. The guys that we bought it from were real gents, though. They put a new head on it and even lent us a "courtesy Surf" for the touring holiday that we had planned in South Wales the week after. We had 4 years of fun and faithful service from it, but I reluctantly sold it to make room for the iwb Mercedes Sprinter that I needed for business. I've seen it knocking around over the years, but could'nt post any pics before now, because the off roading pics of it in Scotland, were on my old PC, that "crashed and burned". Anyway, its still got the 265 x 75 x 16 BFGs that I put on it, although they're pretty worn now and the 2" lift has sagged a bit. Apart from tinworm in the bumper quarters, it still seems to be in decent shape.......Well I hope that I havent bored everyone too much with my nostalgic ramblings....Cheers....Mick.
    Attached Files
    " Time wounds all heels ".

It looks good - it's cleaner and tidier than mine!
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

I love the fact that where you've blaked the number plate it says 'H-ECK'...

Looks similar to mine too.
      It's only kinky the first time...

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Instigator View Post
        I love the fact that where you've blaked the number plate it says 'H-ECK'...

Looks similar to mine too.
        Just did that out of courtesy to the owner, Karen. Coincidentally, at the time of buying it, we already had a golden Cocker Spaniel called........Hector......Chee rs....Mick.

Comment

Ha ha ha, well named truck indeed then! The reg on my old landr**er was 'NAD'. That was well named too, it really was b*ll*cks!

Yep, the blanking out is pretty standard.
          It's only kinky the first time...

Comment

[QUOTE=Twisted Instigator;709717]Ha ha ha, well named truck indeed then! The reg on my old landr**er was 'NAD'. That was well named too, it really was b*ll*cks!

Comment

I was going to post that's a heck of a number plate..

Oh I just did never mind

lol

It's like the old saying, you never forget your first :P

peace
              cal
              Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X