Incompetent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incompetent?

I watched this yesterday and it had 1400 hits at the time, just checked now and it has gone up to 75,000.

Think you'll find it quite interesting.

Matt

NOTE: THE LINK IS TO A VIDEO OF A POLICE OFFICER WHO AFTER PULLING OVER CYCLIST FOR GOING THROUGH A RED LIGHT IS MADE TO LOOK LIKE A BIT OF AN IDIOT.
    Last edited by mattisaLN130; 31 March 2011, 16:52. Reason: BLIND LINK

Maybe its because people are posting blind links to it...
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Wow this really is battle of the halfwits.
      I wish the sanctimonious tw*t with the camera had met a proper policeman who was aware of the provisions which entitle him to arrest someone who refuses to provide his name and address when he has committed an offence for which an on the spot fine is payable.

Comment

Originally posted by mattisaLN130 View Post
        NOTE: THE LINK IS TO A VIDEO OF A POLICE OFFICER WHO AFTER PULLING OVER CYCLIST FOR GOING THROUGH A RED LIGHT IS MADE TO LOOK LIKE A BIT OF AN IDIOT.
        I would say that on balance the guy with the camera ends up looking more of an idiot. Perhaps it is just me.

Comment

Please don't get me wrong - I'm not having a dig at the police force. While I was watching the video I could not help but feel very sorry for the copper. But it still doesn't change the fact that this man is there to uphold the law but how can he do this if he doesn't know exactly what the law is. Poor training perhaps?

Comment

The camera moron's premise was that unless the policeman can recite the precise wording of an act giving him the power of arrest, he has no power of arrest. That proposition is idiotic. Next time you are seen murdering someone, just tell the policeman that unless he recites the relevant provisions of the Homicide Act, or the legal provisions determining that murder is an arrestable offence, he can't nick you.
            Yes the policeman should have known his law a bit better. But it is hardly some great legal triumph. The moral was that if you are enough of a dick the police probably will go off and find an easier target. This is neither surprising or something to be proud of on the part of the camera chump.
            There are lots of examples of policemen being jobsworth nobs. But here he was plainly quite within his rights, and perfectly entitled to pot this bell-end.
            Rant over...

Comment

Time of the month love? Have some chocolate.
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                Time of the month love? Have some chocolate.

Comment

Cyclist is a prick... so if he crashes a red light and I hit him... he can use his "student of law status" pompous ass

Back in the day Baby

Comment

to be quite honest, I hope the tw-t with the camera gets knocked off his bike next time he jumps a red light ,arrogant tw-t thinks he's above the law.I nearly had a kid this winter, night, raining, he dressed in black , no lights rode straight in front of me. In days long gone when I used to ride a bike we would not concider going out at night without lights , these were not bright led lights but the ones that used a double (3v) battery and a torch bulb but at least we could be seen front and back, I even had a dynamo with battery back up.

Comment

Thing is, if the tw@t does get hit by a driver obeying the lights, the driver has to live with the nightmare of running someone down.

He's the sort of arrogant, self righteous w@nker who gives ordinary cyclists a bad name. I kind of hope he does come off his bike and breaks a wrist badly or something - thus preventing him from ever cycling again and potentially causing some future accident involving innocents who'll have to live with the consequences of his being a ###### if they run him over.

If I was the copper I'd have slapped cuffs on him, turned his camera off and told him he can argue the toss at the station.
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Sort of the same, I was driving a coach around marble arch, about 20 years ago. Sone delightful young thing in a vw polo, pulled out in front of me...ans she was nude from the waist up!
                        I was so busy watching her, the motorbike courier that had just cut me up found himself hanging on to my wipers...oops!
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Back in the day....

I cannot believe what I have just watched - back in the day the copper would probably have clipped the cyclist round the head for being a cheeky gob shite ... and then nicked him for taking the p!ss at the red light - Just goes to show that like all of us living in this 'nanny state' we are ALL almost powerless to say/do anything in case we 'offend' someone , 'hurt their feelings' or their so called 'rights'.

On the upside - what goes around comes around... and from experience most coppers have a very very good memory....

"England Prevails"

Comment

There are two reasons that I hate this bloke. The first is that he thinks he is clever, when he plainly isn't. And the second is that he is precisely the sort of bloke who would be up in arms if there were some local yobs in his neighbourhood who the police refused to deal with because it was "too much trouble". You can't have it both ways...

Comment

Working...
                            X