Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd gen 4wd question

Hi all,

well after browsing the forum for a while now i have just bought myself a 1997 ssrx auto. I've noticed when you put it into 4wd all of the 4wd dasboard lights flash continuously. Is this normal? Can someone explain what all the lights mean ? and is there and online manual anywhere?

Kindest regards,

alex

Originally posted by _cj_
    Hi all,

well after browsing the forum for a while now i have just bought myself a 1997 ssrx auto. I've noticed when you put it into 4wd all of the 4wd dasboard lights flash continuously. Is this normal? Can someone explain what all the lights mean ? and is there and online manual anywhere?

Kindest regards,

alex
    Try this link Alex or go to the FAQ's at the top of the forum.
    http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...ht=wheel+drive

Comment

Hi all,

Kindest regards,

alex
      Yeah,it's normal,it just means it's between gears,slow down a bit or stop and 4wd will engage or disengage and the flashing lights will stop.
      Powered by ????

Comment

i thought something like that

i was stopped when i tried to engage 4wd the lights carried on flashing so i stopped and started again - i even tried reverse - just in case i locked the diff - any ideas ?

p.s. i'm sure i'm going to seem silly when its a button that needs pressing

Regards,

alex

Comment

i thought something like that

i was stopped when i tried to engage 4wd the lights carried on flashing so i stopped and started again - i even tried reverse - just in case i locked the diff - any ideas ?

p.s. i'm sure i'm going to seem silly when its a button that needs pressing

Regards,

alex
          it will go in after time... the lights will come on permanently when it is in 4wd... except the orande centre light... this only comes on when the diff is locked (eg pull lever back to 4H or 4L) sometimes needs a little forwards and backwards shunting or turn a corner.
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by RobD
            dreamwave
            very nice indeed - i haven't head anything like that in a few years

my complimets

Regards,

alex

Comment

very nice indeed - i haven't head anything like that in a few years

my complimets

Regards,

alex
              Thanks.