No announcement yet.

Write Off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its easy to rack up costs, the list of bits quoted for the 3rd Gen I mentioned above included every single nut and bolt and clip, all trim, bumpers, end quarters, badges, etc.. all new and from Toyota. then add paint and labour at it came to over £4k.

Its no wonder insurance is so high, no attempt was made to repair anything or find used parts.

Just remember you should declare to any new owner its a Cat D (or what ever) write off, as they won't like any suprises when trying to insure it, and it will knock a little off what its worth because of this if you ever sell it.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
      Just remember you should declare to any new owner its a Cat D (or what ever) write off, as they won't like any suprises when trying to insure it, and it will knock a little off what its worth because of this if you ever sell it.
      I'll give you £50 for it Well it is a write off!
      “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Just heard from insurance its a cat c write off I'm not mechanichally minded but it looks like it just needs offside bumper brackets and foglight. They say I can have it back for £354 or they will dispose of it is it worth buying back or should I let them deal with it.

Comment

leodis

if apart from the minor damage to the bumper the truck is sound then BUY IT BACK & FIX IT.

you'll have a truck you know and cash in your pocket win/win

hawaii
          I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Buy it back and get a new bumper from roughtrax and fit it your self or ask one of the other members from here that are from up your way to fit it for you.Don't let the insurance take it as its worth more than scrap
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
              Buy it back and get a new bumper from roughtrax and fit it your self or ask one of the other members from here that are from up your way to fit it for you.Don't let the insurance take it as its worth more than scrap
              Buy it back, I'll help you fit a new bumper no probs.

Gman.
              If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Working...
              X