Write Off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Write Off?

I cant believe the insurance have written my truck off it only needs the bumper straightening. Theres no chassis or panel damage looks like it just needs new mounts.
    Attached Files

if they are going to pay a decent amount the oas to buy the truck back and repair it
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Leodis View Post
      I cant believe the insurance have written my truck off it only needs the bumper straightening. Theres no chassis or panel damage looks like it just needs new mounts.
      Bumper looks straight to me. In fact, it's almost fallen straight off...

You're right though, assuming there is no other hidden damage that should be a fairly easy fix.

Do you have the option to buy it back? My dad wrote his Mondeo off recently (managed to bend the front end quite badly running into a wall in a car park) and he got a cheque for the value of the vehicle and the option to have it back for a small fee or get the garage that had it for repairs to dispose of it for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
        Bumper looks straight to me. In fact, it's almost fallen straight off...

You're right though, assuming there is no other hidden damage that should be a fairly easy fix.

Do you have the option to buy it back? My dad wrote his Mondeo off recently (managed to bend the front end quite badly running into a wall in a car park) and he got a cheque for the value of the vehicle and the option to have it back for a small fee or get the garage that had it for repairs to dispose of it for him.
        Dont know yet the assessors have valued it at £2360 but not made a firm offer yet I've got a full tank of fuel I'd only just filled up for a trip away. More annoyingly although the Toyota dealers are only 4 miles from where the accident happened (and only a mile from my house) they took the truck to Oldham 60 miles away dont know if I can get my radio and tv screen back plus all my towing gear thats in the back pockets and to make matters worse they gave me an L200 Warrior as a hire car because all the Hiluxes were out.

Comment

Dont know yet the assessors have valued it at £2360 but not made a firm offer yet I've got a full tank of fuel I'd only just filled up for a trip away. More annoyingly although the Toyota dealers are only 4 miles from where the accident happened (and only a mile from my house) they took the truck to Oldham 60 miles away dont know if I can get my radio and tv screen back plus all my towing gear thats in the back pockets and to make matters worse they gave me an L200 Warrior as a hire car because all the Hiluxes were out.
          you should be allowed to take your personal stuff out.I would ask anyway if you can buy it back from them.I think it cost about 10% of the payout price so well worth it

Comment

£2360 for a 2nd gen? Take it and run.

Comment

If I can buy it back how do I get back To Leeds from Oldham am I still allowed to drive it even if its a write off. It still has a couple of months tax and mot left.

Comment

Think the insurance would have something to say about driving a write off

Comment

It will be a cat c write off so it can be put back on the road.You will need to talk to your insurers about driving it till it's repaired.If they say yes then drive it home.You will need to have it checked and a cert to state it's ok to be put on the road.Someone with more knowledge of the insurance side will explain better than me

Comment

My Gen 3 Cat C write off has been valued at £3850 after a bit of email tennis - pretty fair I think. The cost to buy back salvage has been quoted at £1250 - not so good.
                    I offered £650 for the salvage but have been turned down.

There seems to be some sort of cartel/racket going on with salvage. The remains of my truck have been moved between companies three times in a week and a fourth has just contacted us to say they want the keys and V5!

Comment

Buy it back and fix it.

I've just fixed a 3rd gen with a bashed in rear door, repair was quoted at over £4k and written off.

They paid out £3600 for the truck, wanted £450 to buy it back, I got a door off LL, got it sprayed, fitted it and a little straightening of rear bumper and its going for its VIC test next week, and you'd never know its been damaged, and owner has over £2600 in his pocket.

He's over the moon someone damaged it, he's going on a posh holiday with hte cash.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

£354 to get it back just needs bumper brackets to fix.

Comment

Excellent. Need some brackets?

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Just wondering, why were the insurance people involved?

Bumper brackets are available from Roughtrax by the way.

Comment

The bumper end was digging into the tyre I had no way to pull it out at the time and needed to move the truck from the roundabout I was blocking plus the other driver was foreign so I wasn't taking any chances.

Comment

Working...
                              X