Do badgers live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do badgers live?

I've been on this planet for 48 years, but have never seen a living badger. I've read about them and heard people talking about them; but I've never seen a living one.

As far as I'm concerned, from the evidence I've personally seen, all badgers are dead and lying at the side of motorways...
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
    I've been on this planet for 48 years, but have never seen a living badger. I've read about them and heard people talking about them; but I've never seen a living one.

As far as I'm concerned, from the evidence I've personally seen, all badgers are dead and lying at the side of motorways...
    Yes Andy they do. I have a set about a mile from where I live in a sea wall embankment. The reason you may not have seen one is that they very rarely come out during daylight, they tend to travel many miles at night looking for food.

Comment

The last road I lived in had a sett in one of the gardens, i used to scare the crap out of one in the Surf occasionaly if I came home late at night.

Comment

yep they do live I saw a few when i was at the New Forest and they were definetly alive. WOder if we can use the same existance rules for reasonable ex wives..hehehe

Comment

I once saw this Badger dance performed in Edinburgh.

Brings them out in their droves.

Badger dance
          Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Yes, I concur with the above!

I used to drive up a certain road here in Derbys' at night, and used to crap myself cos nearly every night I went up it, a stupid, dog-sized badger used to run straight out across the road in front of the car.
            I was very close a couple if times.

Yes, they live!! Nasty ####ers too!!
            www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

I like a bit of badger watching now and again .
              Neal

Comment

Live badgers

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                  Haha - was going to put this up - you beat me to it... Strangely compelling...

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
                    Haha - was going to put this up - you beat me to it... Strangely compelling...
                    Mushroom Mushroom.

Comment

My dad has a huge badger sett in his garden and feeds them food scraps every night. They certainly live and are charming, if slightly frightening, creatures.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                        My dad has a huge badger sett in his garden and feeds them food scraps every night. They certainly live and are charming, if slightly frightening, creatures.

Badgers? Frightening?

You're such a city boy!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                          Badgers? Frightening?

You're such a city boy!
                          Oh I don't know. I spent a week with a gamekeeper up in the depths of North Wales, and he had some amazing stories about badgers. They can be nasty pieces of work. You really don't want a badger's jaw clamped round your ankle by all accounts...

Comment

Badgers and foxes, vicious bugga's. Nothing that can't be stopped with a swift coshing to the head though.
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Honey Badger..... now THAT's a nasty little shiet!

Guiness book for the worlds most fearless animal
                              www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X