X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels for 33x12.50's?

Well, fitted my 33's yesterday.
    Pics to follow...

The amount of "squirm" on the rim has increased significantly, so assume this is because the walls are squeezed in so gonna be looking for some 10x15" wheels.
    Does anyone have any reccos where to look first?
    Thinking black or graphite modulars or some decent alloys. Anyone got any going?
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/190500117895

This chap seems to be well recommended - I think it was VidaMusic (sorry if I'm wrong there matey!) that bought a set of 33s with wheels from him. If it was someone else I'm sure they'll pipe up and let me know.

Not sure how urgent your request is but I'd be happy enough to pick up from Nottingham and drop them with you when I next pop down to visit the in-laws cos I'll drive past your neck of the woods on the way down to Gloucestershire.

It'd save you courier costs if nowt else.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
      Well, fitted my 33's yesterday.
      Pics to follow...

The amount of "squirm" on the rim has increased significantly, so assume this is because the walls are squeezed in so gonna be looking for some 10x15" wheels.
      Does anyone have any reccos where to look first?
      Thinking black or graphite modulars or some decent alloys. Anyone got any going?

Squirm? They are on 8" rims at the moment, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
        http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/190500117895

This chap seems to be well recommended - I think it was VidaMusic (sorry if I'm wrong there matey!) that bought a set of 33s with wheels from him. If it was someone else I'm sure they'll pipe up and let me know.

Not sure how urgent your request is but I'd be happy enough to pick up from Nottingham and drop them with you when I next pop down to visit the in-laws cos I'll drive past your neck of the woods on the way down to Gloucestershire.

It'd save you courier costs if nowt else.
        Exactly what I'm after, now need to see if I can get them cheaper - money's a bit tight at the mo....
        He's doing free p&p it seems, but thanks for the offer Rustinho, might take you up on it if I need to!
        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Squirm? They are on 8" rims at the moment, yes?
          sidewall "wobble" when turning quickly, There's a delayed reaction to steering, which wasn't there with the 32's.

erm, as the guy was fitting them I looked on the back of the wheels, they're 7 inch Pajero wheels.....

Yes, I know...!
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

!

Comment

!
              I measured the "natural" distance between sidewalls before they were fitted - it was 7.5", so assumed it would be relatively safe to mount them.... I'm not doing any extreme driving with them on the paj rims, so not too concerned about aired down popping off etc...
              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Here's my 33/12.5/15s fitted to 8" rims, do your bulge more?
                Attached Files

Comment

Slightly.

Best I can do till tomorrow

www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

The writing on the top of the front wheel best shows the bulge...
                    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Hmmm.

Could be that Hankook tyres have soft sidewalls?
                      Not a common choice of mud tyre manufacturer on here.

Comment

Hmmm.

Could be that Hankook tyres have soft sidewalls?
                        Not a common choice of mud tyre manufacturer on here.
                        Possibly, but they do seem to have good reviews elsewhere.

they've got 32psi in them, is this enough? could try upping it a little I suppose?
                        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

32psi is about the norm.

Comment

I got my 10x15 black modulars from Formula4x4, they were only £39+vat each with free delivery!
                            Tho can recommend JCS too as i got my tyres from them.
                            Attached Files

Comment

10" rims would do it mate, 8" is a bit of a risk i'd say.

Comment

Working...
                              X