Toyota Lucida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Lucida

We are considering getting a Toyota Lucida for my dad given that his recent combining of a Ford Mondeo and a brick wall has left the Mondeo as a write off (despite the impact being at parking speed!) Thankfully dad has now realised that his driving days are over, not least because he has had part of his foot amputated earlier this year...

Anyways...

If anyone out there in Surfland has had any experience with the various forms of Lucida (Estima, Emina, etc) both 2x4 and 4x4 variants I'd appreciate it if you could share them with me.

From what I've read about them it looks like we'll be looking for a 2.2 diesel version which I know are prone to the same sort of cracked head problems that Surfs are famous for. Hopefully it'll have as many working gadgets as possible (electric curtains anyone?! lol)

The reason we're going for one is the huge boot space for my dad's mobility scooter to easily fit into (with rear 3 seats folded up), really good space around the front & middle seats for dad to do his constant shuffling about in to get/stay comfortable, and the fact that it has just about the right seat height for dad to get in and out of easily.

One question I can't seem to find an answer for is whether the 4x4s are permanent 4x4 or if they are switchable (like the Surf is). If they are permanently 4WD we'll almost certainly stick to a 2WD version.

Apart from the above question if anyone has any experience either driving, working on or owning one I'd really appreciate it if you could share your thoughts.

Thanks in advance for your help folks.

ive had a bit of experience with a lucida and it was a ball ache to work on mate with the engine cover being between the driver and passenger seat. there all right busses but a pain to work on if that helps
    UBIQUE

Comment

One of the lad`s I work with has a 2.2TD Lucida enema or whatever I know he raves endlessly about how good it is. It has DVD players etc etc right out the box, really highly specced machine. I`ll ask on monday about what sort of 4x4 it has if no one else with any experience comes along in the , is there anything else you need to know about them before I ask?

Comment

Originally posted by JD_975 View Post
        One of the lad`s I work with has a 2.2TD Lucida enema or whatever I know he raves endlessly about how good it is. It has DVD players etc etc right out the box, really highly specced machine. I`ll ask on monday about what sort of 4x4 it has if no one else with any experience comes along in the , is there anything else you need to know about them before I ask?
        Just any useful info / things to watch out for over and above anything I mentioned (ie checking gadgets work & checking the cylinder head is ok)

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Had a word with that lad at work, his is an auto and its permanent 4wd, he's had it 3 years now and not had any trouble although he does flush and change the coolant every year. Loads of room in the back the rear seats fold towards the side and the centre seats can be folded or turned to face backover, it also has the moon roof which gives about an extra 8 inches of headroom and gets you a reversing camera instead of the big mirror on the back. Apparently the gearing is better on the auto's, the manuals are a bit high revving at motorway speeds.

Specs wise they seem to vary massively the same as most imports it seems to be more on what boxes were ticked at the factory more than what badge is on the back.

He has it at work today if you want any pics or anything let me know.

Comment

Working...
          X