2.4 coolant hoses quick quetsion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4 coolant hoses quick quetsion

quick question does anybody know where to get the 2 hoses for the cooling system that sit behind the visc fan from short of rt or toyota? rt does a complete kit with 9 major hoses and phoned toyota today and they said they have to speak to toyota japan to order the correct hose and import it as the bloke in parts couldnt translate the jap descriptions for them???? or does anybody have have a good set they want rid of along with a decent rad bottom hose that connects to the block not the short hose on the bottom. its for a 2.4 ssrx for those that dont already know what lux i have. thanks chappys
    UBIQUE

The Toyota main dealers nearest to me are incredibly helpful whenever I've been to see them either about my Surf or my previous Jap import Celica.

Just take along the frame & engine numbers from the plate under the bonnet and they should be able to call up all the relevant parts diagrams and you can point straight at the parts you need and then they'll have the part numbers to order them.

Things should turn up in a week or so, assuming that the current circumstances in Japan haven't too adversely affected things.

Comment

ive already done that mate they have all the details but im kinda in need of them now so id rather not go the toyota route and have to import them,
      UBIQUE

Comment

Any scrappers out your way or over here ?, try Doncaster motor spares ? I could pick up for you and bring them over ?
        Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

I'm pretty sure i have those parts here Craig, I'll confirm in the morning.

Comment

cool vince if ya have ill take em,
            john theres not many surfs in scrappers around here mate plus im after a decent set of hoses i wouldnt trust em to be any good if there was any.
            after an emotional engine rebuild cause of a burst hose id cry like a lil girl if it happened again.
            UBIQUE

Comment

any joy with them hoses vince? i maybe should of been more precise on the hoses behind the visc fan its the ones that attach to the metal pipes off the heater matrix not the straight hoses directly behind the visc fan my bad bud
              UBIQUE

Comment

Originally posted by sabreuk View Post
                any joy with them hoses vince? i maybe should of been more precise on the hoses behind the visc fan its the ones that attach to the metal pipes off the heater matrix not the straight hoses directly behind the visc fan my bad bud

OK, just dug them out and they're not fit for re-use I'm affraid, all perished and crumbly on the insides.

You can buy heater hose by the foot at most motor factors, it's about £1.50 per foot, and it's 3/4" or 19mm heater hose you need. Don't forget some decent hose clips too.

Comment

ok bud cheers anyway, ill go get some hose next week i just didnt fancy the £140 to rt for 9 hoses when i only need 3.
                  UBIQUE

Comment

Working...
                  X