Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.0 hilux surf

hi all
    I am interested in buying a surf and am tossing up between a 2.0 or 2.4 and was wondering what is the best. any info would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks

Originally posted by r4coon View Post
    hi all
    I am interested in buying a surf and am tossing up between a 2.0 or 2.4 and was wondering what is the best. any info would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    Hello Aaron. Welcome. I used to have a 2.4td. They are pretty underpowered. There are few 2.0's in this country, and I have no experience with them, but I doubt if their power to weight ratio is going to be very impressive. Why not go for a 3.0td?.....Cheers....Mick.
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by r4coon View Post
      hi all
      thanks
      Do you mean a 2 litre petrol?

Comment

Hes propably thinking that the 2L on the cam cover means a 2.0ltr,when in fact its not its a 2.4 n/a diesel. The 2lte on the other hand is the 2.4 with turbo and electronic fuel injection.The 2.0ltr petrol is the 4y family.
        Last edited by surfenstein; 24 March 2011, 20:16.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Thanks guys,

i cant go 3.0td cos of insuranse costs so im leaning towards the 2.4td, i oonly realy need it to tow stuff round town so i was trying to find out which is the better motor out of the two, and any common faults,

thanks

Comment

Working...
          X