Rolled Gen 3. Advice needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolled Gen 3. Advice needed.

My wife had an accident while towing her horsebox today and rolled both on a dual carriageway. Luckily both occupants and the horses were fine apart from a few scratches.
    The Surf is far from fine and I expect it to be written off by the insurance as the roof is dented,2 windows and screen broken and all offside panels dented.

1. What sort of value should we hold out for from the insurance? It is a 1997 Gen 3 in previously very good order. The 'value' on our insurance was £3500 but this was not a classic 'agreed value' type of thing.

2. I would like to buy it back from the insurance as it had a new head, new rad, 5 new BFG ATs, transmission cooler and HID headlights and a decent stereo.
    What sort of price do you think it be valued at?

Thanks,
    Mark

£3,500 less the salvage.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Is it that straightforward? When I made a claim some years ago, the insurance co refused to pay the 'value' on the policy stating that it was an arbitary figure and not realistic.

Comment

It's just a coincidence that I think your truck is worth the same as the value you put on it. A good 3rd gen is worth £3,500, an excellent one is worth £5k
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Ouch! Pleased your Missus and the horse are ok tho mate.

This happened to my dad a couple of years ago, he had only had the car 2 months and paid £6500 from a garage forecourt, it got water damaged and the insurance offered him £4500. Naturally he rang up to complain so they did an internet search there and then and found half a dozen or so similar spec similar condition cars ranging from £4000 to £5000, based on the average of that they offered him £4500.

It doesnt really seem fair but they use all the tricks in the book now to reduce what they pay out, If you have pre accident pic`s and receipts for money spent etc all that can go a long away if they make you a bad offer, also if you decide to keep the truck they have to give you it for whatever they would be offered from a salvage merchant, I`d guess at around £600ish? They will just take that off the settlement figure.

Comment

The last two (only) times I was paid out for a written off vehicle my peers advised not to accept the "offer" the insurance company makes as they under cut it a little bit. Although the last offer was in 2008 for a 2.4 2nd gen and they offered me more than I originally paid for it so didn't query it at all. Then again, both these times were claimed against the other party that wrote off my vehicle.
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
            X