Another Pain In The Ar*e From Apple!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Pain In The Ar*e From Apple!

Just discovered that you can't download or use Adobe Flashplayer on the iPad due to Apple restrictions. Another of Apples annoying quirks, like not being able to charge the iPad while it's USB linked to a computer (unless it's a Mac)!
    Last edited by Scorpion; 19 March 2011, 12:47.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Skyfire app. Better than safari and allows flash player.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
      Just discovered that you can't download or use Adobe Flashplayer on the iPad due to Apple restrictions. Another of Apples annoying quirks, like not being able to charge the iPad while it's USB linked to a computer (unless it's a Mac)!
      Apple don't like flash. After being an Apple disciple for about five years, I now have an HTC phone and won't be buying Apple anything again. Got too big for their boots. It happens, it's sad, but someone else will be along soon.

Comment

Hello.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Hello.
          Not you.

Comment

Oh.

Comment

Originally posted by fingers21 View Post
              Skyfire app. Better than safari and allows flash player.
              Nice one, just downloaded the app and it works perfectly. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

No worries, anything iPhone or iPad and I know how it works, anything surf, I'm good at cutting fingers etc!

Comment

How are you finding the iPad? The concept is brilliant (if you can find a purpose for it i.e. have a purpose that the iPad fills not "now that I have this what can I use it for"). (we have many clients (traders) that have gone out and impulse bought the iPad and want to fit it into many roles it's not capable off)

Check out the Android / Linux tablets being offered by many manufacturers now. They are similar to the iPad in many ways but they do not have the same kind of restrictions of the iPad.

ps I also have a HTC Android phone BUT I would prefer an Apple laptop for work purposes (and video editing )
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

iPad 2 is released 25th march here in the U.K. I've always find apple products better than anything else, nothing compares to the iphone or comes close to the ipad....yet!

Comment

Originally posted by fingers21 View Post
                      iPad 2 is released 25th march here in the U.K. I've always find apple products better than anything else, nothing compares to the iphone or comes close to the ipad....yet!
                      I've never seen what the fuss is about. Yeah, they look nice if you're a fashion victim and they seem to be good for certain things but the lack of compatability with the rest of the electronic world and the fact that they are vastly over priced kills off the chance of me ever seriously considering anything by Apple.

Unless someone donates a winning lottery ticket to me sometime (5 numbers plus please if you're offering!).

Comment

I have adapted my iPad so that I get a vast discount on apps (otherwise I wouldn't have paid the price). I must admit that its pretty impressive, I have Memory Map and a lot of very useful apps on it.

I also have a lot of films and music loaded and the battery life is impressive. Add to that it can use Excel spreadsheets etc and it just about does everything I want it to.

I bought it second hand with 10 months warranty remaining for £150 less than the new price and a lot of accessories came with it.

Oh and I'm using it right now to post this message!

Comment

Fingers, there are many products that compare to the iPhone / iPad and there are many products that beat those two with regards to the price tag and functionality! Horses for courses though.
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                            Oh and I'm using it right now to post this message!
                            From the comfort of your sofa whilst drinking beer and watching Benidorm
                            That reminds me. I'll be back later
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Had mine & the iPhone4 since release last yr. Always been in the 'Apple = meh' camp until then, but I'm afraid to say I'm a fanboy now. Other than flash, which you can workaround, it all just works..for me anyways.

The only failing IMO is the need to sync with iTunes, it's pretty much the only thing the PC gets fired up for now

Comment

Working...
                              X