Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody selling EGR blanking plates?

Hi all

just a quickie - anybody currently selling EGR blanking plates?
    I know several members have had bulk orders made up and sold on here over the years.
    Just whilst I've got my head off - was thinking of doing the proper mod.
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Don't worry if you don't have any luck with your request - it's really dead easy to make up some yourself. All you need is a couple of little squares of metal, something to cut them with and a file to get rid of sharp edges.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
      Don't worry if you don't have any luck with your request - it's really dead easy to make up some yourself. All you need is a couple of little squares of metal, something to cut them with and a file to get rid of sharp edges.
      I've got terminal laziness - would rather pay someone over the odds to deliver them to my door than make them myself !!

TSK - youth of today!!

but thanks anyway!

Comment

I have got some "reserved" just need to pick em up. Make me an offer and I'll get em diverted straight to you.. for the right' price!
        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by wolfracer View Post
          i have got some "reserved" just need to pick em up. Make me an offer and i'll get em diverted straight to you.. For the right' price!
          £10?

Comment

For 'terminal laziness' isn't the ball bearing method easier?

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes View Post
              £10?

Thought you were lazy, not tight!
              I'll pick them up, and post 'to you for £20 plus RM 2nd class or parcelforce/courier whatever's cheapest...
              Not being greedy, but for anything less i'd keep them for myself...
              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

[QUOTE=Wolfracer;706080]

I'll pick them up, and post 'to you for £20 plus RM 2nd class or parcelforce/courier whatever's cheapest...
                QUOTE]

I guess I did say i'd pay over the odds! lol

Comment

www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Try what I did, walk in any local machine shop/engineer works with templates drawn, explain what you need, walk out with two rough cuts for nothing and grind/file the edges off, £20, he's having a ####in giraffe. H

Comment

I haven't got an egr on my 4runner, but when I blanked off my 1.9JTD stilo I just had sardines for tea, and made the blanking plate from the lid - it took 5 mins.

Comment

Thanks for the advice.
                        I'm wanting to make a substantial egr flang blank so i can remove the whole shooting match and hopefully make refitting cyl' head a tad easier. - although I'll have to figure out what to do with connected switches and hoses.
                        anybody removed all egr pipework before?

Comment

Just leave all the pipework to bolt it all back together then it still looks stock. I reconnected all the vacuum stuff and switches/plugs as you dont know what else could be affected and finding troubles without all the plugs etc could prove difficult, you know how temperamental these trucks are by the questions here so I think I made the right decision after 5000 trouble free miles after doing my head. H

Comment

Originally posted by spacast View Post
                            I haven't got an egr on my 4runner, but when I blanked off my 1.9JTD stilo I just had sardines for tea, and made the blanking plate from the lid - it took 5 mins.
                            That wouldnt have worked for long I'd have thought!

Draw the templates, ie round the gaskets, write the measurements on, take a pic, post it up an I'll do you a pair.

I'm doing a set for the V8 shortly, won't take half hour to do another pair. Will be 5mm plate.

Comment

Originally posted by an1mal_69 View Post
                              That wouldnt have worked for long I'd have thought!

Draw the templates, ie round the gaskets, write the measurements on, take a pic, post it up an I'll do you a pair.

I'm doing a set for the V8 shortly, won't take half hour to do another pair. Will be 5mm plate.
                              It's about 15 months and counting, but thanks for the kind offer

Sardine tins seem to be standard over on the Fiat Stilo forum - now the weather's picking up I'll take a looksee how John West's best is holding up, so I might need your help.
                              Fiat do a special swirl gasket for the EGR with 3 holes in that's s'posed to stop it sooting up, and that's made from very thin metal - rasther like my tin, but about £15. That buys a lot of sardines.

Comment

Working...
                              X