Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealer in the North ???

Help,

I just spent the best part of the day travelling to Choice cars near warrington only to be presented with the worst condition imports I've ever seen, one driver seat looked like it had been set on fire and another had the bumper from a stock car racer. Total waste of a day !!! I am looking to buy in a couple of weeks a 3rd Gen surf around 10K but there seems to be a shortage of dealers up here in the north?? Can any one recommend a place that actually valets their cars and don't talk a load of horse sh*t ?? I am willing to travel to the right car.

Anyone ???

Cheers

Andy

Andy i bought mine and i know a couple more on this site who bought from Chequered flag in leeds, i can honestly say i have nothing but good words for steve the owner, as i said somewhere on here before you have to look past the tatty unit they are in, his cars are hand piked by himself in Japan. you can contact them on 01132442498, and when i was in to buy mine he had a fantastic 3rd gen in i think leodis bought that one and hes well chuffed, i know i would have been, good luck with your quest.
    Dave..
    if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Try this one in Leeds...

I'm going to Chequered Flag in Leeds to look for mine at the end of the month - Firefly got his from there & has recommended them to me - I like the fact that they appear to be doing well by word of mouth as they don't seem to advertise - their telephone number is 01132 442498. I won't be happy though if you beat me to the pick of the bunch!

Comment

St Helens calling

get your self down to Sutton road in Sutton, St Helens, if youve been to warrington your not a million miles away, they have a huge range and are really helpful!!! test drives no problems!! 2.4 3.0 whole range of!! and plenty of stocks
        THE ORIGINAL CRAZY BITCH!

Comment

oop north

I agree that Chequered Flag pick extremely good motors and prepare them to almost showroom condition. Personally I found them a bit pricey but their cars are really good.

You should also try Elams of Mirfield who also prepare their cars top class, the owners are very clued up and they've been there in one form or another ever since I can remember. Their website is Elamsofmirfield and driving past the other day noticed he had a light blue 3rd gen ssrx circa £10500 on the forecourt. Now not that I'm biased or owt but thats the best colour in the 3rd gen (I've got a light blue ssrg intercooler & its gorgeous). This showroom was where I drove my 1st ever Surf - the pearl SSRG on the website (sigh) .

Comment

You could also try Moss 4x4 in Leigh, lancs
            http://www.moss4x4cars.com/
            I've not been there personally but have seen their ads in local press.
            Ian
            One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

Originally posted by icsys
              You could also try Moss 4x4 in Leigh, lancs
              http://www.moss4x4cars.com/
              I've not been there personally but have seen their ads in local press.

Got my Surf here and couldn't have had a better service from Bob and the guys down there. Do a lot of imports (Pajeros, Surfs, Isuzus) so on.
              Gaz

Comment

Cheers guys, I'll be ringing a few people soon!!!

I'll let you know how I get on.

Andy

Comment

Elams of Mirfield

I tested my first Surf here, and although it was not a good un' - vehicle vibrations above 60mph, missing knobs on dash and seats, incomplete I.C.E, bald rear tyres and non functioning passenger window - I was sold on the idea. Vic the owner assured me all would be rectified and I had no reason to doubt him, they have been in Mirfield, W York’s for 18 years to my knowledge, so no "fly by nights".

The negative I have, is that having agreed a deal last Thursday, he then hummed and rrr'd about the list of probs on the Surf I had brought to his attention. He then failed to contact me as he had stated on two occasions, then Tues am he pulled out of the deal with the excuse that he had given me too much for my part ex.

I am sure that for many owners old and new he will probably get it right, but for me it was a bad experience and I personally can not recommend Elams.

I ordered a Surf, Tues pm from Chequered Flag, bit higher price, but also higher spec, should pick up early Sep. Dealt with both Steve and his wife Wendy. Wendy is very clued up, and can put many of us blokes to shame with her inside knowledge. Also spoke to the guys in the garage and their own mechanic, very positive and helpful, and they can make a decent pot of tea.

I hope to post details on my Surf when I've had the pleasure of ownership for a month or two

I find this forum very useful and hope that my findings add that little bit more knowledge for newbie’s like myself.

Sayonara for now.

Comment

If you want to go far north then in Edinbuirgh there is Mackay Trading. Good service and a nice selection of surfs from about 7- 10 k. Been going quite some time, they source the cars themselves from JP, they come fully valeted and have a 6 month return to base warranty on mechanicals, and so far they have lived up to their word, I found on my first long drive that the master clutch cylender was knackered (only occured when hot on a really long drive)
                    rang them up and they replaced it the next day. I also noticed when I first looked at the vehicle that the exhaust was a bit dodgy at the bit where it goes over the back axel, - no problem, they replaced it before I picked her up. The timing belt was due to be changed in about 10k miles, so they did that also before I picked it up. The speedo comes fully converted so the Odometer reads in Miles, and the radio(nice Pioneer CD / MD combo and a six disk changer) has the necessary expander fitted. They have got a really nice black 95 M SSR-X Ltd in at the moment with about 36000 miles on the clock, nice alpine stereo, nice alloys , if this had been there when I got mine I would have had this one instead. you can see it here http://www.mackaytrading.co.uk/fullv...cial=&RSpage=4

PS dinnae work for them.

Comment

I bought mine from these people in the Freeport in Liverpool.

I got good service and I beleive a good price.

[SIZE=7][COLOR=YellowGreen][SIZE=5][FONT=Comic Sans MS]The difference between the men and the boys .................... the price of their toys ![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                      X