Cut thru the media hype .. Japan reactor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut thru the media hype .. Japan reactor

Great article that explains whats happening in the nuclear power plant, written by engineering types at MIT

Avoiding the media over hype

here

Back in the day Baby

You're flogging another lifeless pony here. The sheep will never accept that Neuclear Power stations are not only safe; but essential.

I even had an argument with a supposedly intelligent colleague about where the Hydrogen came from; the media reported it had been released from the water/steam; and he believed them...
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

That's very informative.
      I particularly was put at ease after reading the first couple of paragraph under The Construction of Power Plants bit.

Thanks for that
      私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
        You're flogging another lifeless pony here. The sheep will never accept that Neuclear Power stations are not only safe; but essential.
        Yes, you are tilting at windmills here.

Comment

Good find - if the journalists and politicians were to read that (And were capable of understanding it) then there'd be a lot less hassle and panic

WTF has an earthquake and tsunami related event in Japan got to do with power station safety in Europe ???

The issue is being used by the green eco tw@ts to further their own agenda ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

I only watch telly on the iplayer and i most definitely dont read the papers so i`d read that before i watched yesterdays news. Confirmed what i already knew. The media just throw random meaningless bullsh1t at the public based on nothing more than the need to be more shocking than the oppositions news
            Statements like "there has been a melting in one of the reactors" are so vague they are meaningless. A melting of what ? someone leave a candle in there or is it someone`s cheese on toast nearly done or maybe the world`s about to end
            Dont think i`ll even bother to watch day old news anymore
            On the up side tho i`ll be calling a donut a torus from here on in
            I`m off to the torus shop, feel like having some toruses for breakfast
            Last edited by schrodingers-cat; 16 March 2011, 10:03. Reason: Illiterate

Comment

Originally posted by schrodingers-cat View Post
              donut a torus from here on in
              I`m off to the torus shop, fell like having some toruses for breakfast
              Not totally sure, but I bet the plural is torii

Get down to Greggs and get half a dozen jam torii.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

and you can get half a dozen forii too !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                  Not totally sure, but I bet the plural is torii

Get down to Greggs and get half a dozen jam torii.
                  Sounds to political, Half a dozen jam conservatives doesn`t spark the appetite at all

Comment

On the media stupidity theme.
                    When Nato was bombing Serbia I was close to the Chinese Embassy when it got hit.
                    The next day I went to the Hyatt hotel where the BBC correspondent was staying.
                    Once I had blagged my way past his 4 or 5 protection people I spoke to him in his Hotel suite. Suite, not just a room.
                    I said "have you seen the Chinese Embassy? come on, bring your camera, I'll show you"
                    "No, I'm not going out" he told me. "it's dangerous"
                    And then he filed a detailed report based on absolutely nothing!
                    These reporters just make sh1t up, sit on their laptops googling everything.
                    CNN or BBC?, you are better off watching Trumpton.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                      On the media stupidity theme.
                      When Nato was bombing Serbia I was close to the Chinese Embassy when it got hit.
                      The next day I went to the Hyatt hotel where the BBC correspondent was staying.
                      Once I had blagged my way past his 4 or 5 protection people I spoke to him in his Hotel suite. Suite, not just a room.
                      I said "have you seen the Chinese Embassy? come on, bring your camera, I'll show you"
                      "No, I'm not going out" he told me. "it's dangerous"
                      And then he filed a detailed report based on absolutely nothing!
                      These reporters just make sh1t up, sit on their laptops googling everything.
                      CNN or BBC?, you are better off watching Trumpton.

Yano I never for one minute actually thought you was in Serbia, just thought it was a wind up

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                        I even had an argument with a supposedly intelligent colleague about where the Hydrogen came from; the media reported it had been released from the water/steam; and he believed them...
                        So where does it come from then? I thought it came from the water / steam as well after being after being liberated by some kind of catalytic or chemical reaction. I know that the electrolysis of sea water produces hydrogen and though that maybe something was happening here which had that same effect.
                        Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
                          Yes, you are tilting at windmills here.
                          Probably too subtle for the masses, but as long as you amused yourself typing it up.
                          Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by schrodingers-cat View Post
                            Yano I never for one minute actually thought you was in Serbia, just thought it was a wind up
                            The scary thing is... Next month I have to go to Liverpool.

"calm down, calm down"
                            Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                              Probably too subtle for the masses, but as long as you amused yourself typing it up.
                              As long as someone got it...

Comment

Working...
                              X