Thanks for the responses and advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the responses and advice

I'm delighted that I've had people coming back to me straight away & am especially grateful to Firefly for the phone call this evening (and even more grateful to Mrs Firefly for putting up with her husband nattering to another woman for ages).

I can see that any questions I have will be taken care of by members who really know what they are talking about and are really enthusiastic - for example I've just read the messages about removing graphics - I was fretting about what I would do if I found the perfect Surf apart from it having graphics I didn't like - now I know.

Do Surf drivers wave to each other (like Robin Reliant drivers used to) or is that a bit too naff? As a female future Surf driver I want to be familiar with the etiquette!

Thanks again

Gnasher i allways wave to other surfs and usually get a wave back but a few times ive had a wave of just one or two fingers , P.S thanks for the kind words like i said no problem and if i carnt answer any question you may have over the phone, i have no doubt what so ever that a forum member will know
    Last edited by firefly; 20 July 2004, 20:10.
    if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

I must also chip in that not all surf owners are au fait with the waving etiquette. As mentioned some do wave with one or two fingers, some glare, some just stare through you (I just put that down to not enough Weetabix in the morning...?).

However, if you wave and point enthusiastically, you will get a well meaning response (waving, flashing, smiling). As I have found recently in the Harrow, Northwood and Watford area.

Most of the unelightened surf owners (that haven't found the forum yet) that I have come across, tend to be fairly approachable. One black surf round here with 20" rims and rubber bands....! very chatty once he got going.
      All in all, we aren't alone (much as the dealers would like us to think). Perhaps after the reaction at the Uxbridge show that might start to slowly change.

Best wishes, andyL

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
        I must also chip in that not all surf owners are au fait with the waving etiquette. As mentioned some do wave with one or two fingers, some glare, some just stare through you (I just put that down to not enough Weetabix in the morning...?).

However, if you wave and point enthusiastically, you will get a well meaning response (waving, flashing, smiling). As I have found recently in the Harrow, Northwood and Watford area.

Most of the unelightened surf owners (that haven't found the forum yet) that I have come across, tend to be fairly approachable. One black surf round here with 20" rims and rubber bands....! very chatty once he got going.
        All in all, we aren't alone (much as the dealers would like us to think). Perhaps after the reaction at the Uxbridge show that might start to slowly change.

Best wishes, andyL
        Funny that I waved at a truck just like yours Andy heading into Totridge on friday.

Geoff.
        Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

I flashed a couple of Surfs just coming out of the Beaulieu 4*4 show last Saturday (around 12ish) and got a response from both. Seen loads of Surfs down around the Dorset / Hants area the last two weeks. Some wave, others just ignore you. My problem is usually seeing them late and then having to make sure its not a Landcruiser!!!
          Mike G

Comment

Working...
          X