Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh dear.........

noticed a change in engine sound today slightly deeper just not quite right
    and whilst looking around the engine bay found this sitting in the bash plate does anyone recognise what its off and would this be the reason for the change in engine sound.........

Crank pulley bolt - I'd stop driving it if I was you...

Edit: and bolt it back on....
    Last edited by wishbone; 9 March 2011, 20:22.

Comment

Right thats your crank pully bolt ...bottom pully .....id screw it back in ....make sure its nice and tight ...i only know as had to changer my head last month and its a bugger to undew

hope that helps !

Beet to it

Comment

Oh dear.

You may find the crank pulley is grinding its way through the cam cover.

You need to check the crank pulley is still a good fit on the crank, and hasn't worn it away or the crank will be gubbed.

If the crank pulley is still a good fit then just put it back together, 125ft/lb and even some Locktite on the thread.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

cheers guy's thought as much i just had a new crankshaft pulley fitted about 2 weeks ago and spent last week driving around dumfries and galloway 670 odd miles with no problems then this afternoon this falls out hopefully i'll be lucky ive only driven about 10 miles with the funny sound and no bolt

Comment

I'd suggest you have a little word with whoever fitted the crankshaft pulley ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

I'd suggest you have a little word with whoever fitted the crankshaft pulley ...

i have (very good friend of family) spoke about about ten mins ago he says don't drive it and he will sort it friday...........

looks like i will have to use the TR7 for work tomorrow, that will be fun i'm a joiner lol

Comment

Nice gloves
                私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Shirt is inside out!

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                    Nice gloves
                    ann summers
                    JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

pmsl.......

this is what i like about this forum help when you need it and some cheering up when also needed..........

CHEERS GUY'S....

Comment

Quit taking pictures of yourself in a mirror, it's perverse.
                        私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                          Quit taking pictures of yourself in a mirror, it's perverse.

HA HA taken on webcam on the imac (hence the reverse image)
                          oh dear that sound even worse

Comment

Working...
                          X