council housing /housing associations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• council housing /housing associations

is there anyone on here that genuinly works for council housing /housing associations or know of anyone personally that can help me & my family finding housing?
    n please dont take the p1ss this is a serious question!!

Originally posted by pirate-storm View Post
    is there anyone on here that genuinly works for council housing /housing associations or know of anyone personally that can help me & my family finding housing?
    n please dont take the p1ss this is a serious question!!
    Have you tried Shelter (they are not just a homelessness charity - they also provide help with housing)? They have a lot of information on their website here...
    For example they have an emergency housing rights checker

But I don't personally know anything about housing law I'm afraid.

Comment

I think it differs from area to area. There is a 2 year waiting list for a council house in cambs, but only about 5 weeks in cumbria. Have you tried ringing or calling in at your local council/housing office?

Comment

Your best bet, beyond what has already been suggested about Shelter, is to get in touch with any local housing charities, organisations, etc (like CAB for example) because they will be able to point you in the best direction.

Around here the local council host a website for approved private landlords to advertise their properties on. Rents are generally better than through estate agents and the like. We found our place on there and we've been here a couple of years now.

There will be something or someone local to you that will be able to help - you'll just need to find out who they are and the likes of the CAB ought to be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck!

Comment

this link

http://www.cornwall.gov.uk/Default.aspx?page=3080

but if they're anything like up here and you aren't related to someone who allocates the houses you've no hope of getting anything fast, unless your homeless through someone elses fault. I was having big problems here plus getting threatened with being put off the list, for not being nice to council employees, till I contacted the ombudsman after 2+ years of overcrowding/limited facilities for my disabled sponger wife then suddenly after forwarding the correspondence of threats etc to the ombudsman we got housed within two weeks.

This after working between Aberdeen-London and everywhere in between is how you get treat by government wallas, so for all those lucky to have a stable lifestyle who condemn anyone on benefits, lets just ####in hope it doesn't happen to you lucky ####s eh. H

Comment

Council are a nightmware.
            December 2nd 2010 we moved into a bigger house to compensate for our increasing family. December 12th the emersion heater blew destroying top floor and flooding the rest of the house, property was unsafe for anyone to live or go into. we had to leave the house with nothing but what we where wearing only position we had left was our 4-runner and mobile phones.

the next day we went to council for help and they couldent offer anything all they did was to try find us accomidation on a weekly bassis a stupid caravan over 30miles from where i worked at 135quid a week no emergancy accomidation or anything my only other option was they would find suitable B&B charged at 318 quid per week for me and my family to stay in!
            Sickening.

have sense seen a solicitor and they are taking procedings for compensationg.

Housing are a waste of time find a local advice place or a charity stand a greater chance unless ur unemployed..
            3.0L V6 Manual 4-Runner

.:one::.
            Big Sound System (100 Infinity 6x9's Boxed :: 2 JBL GTO 14" 255w Subs)
            Bull Bars (Slightly Customized)

.::To Do::.
            Tires MT 33's
            Snorkle
            4" Lift
            Tow Bar
            Wind Deflectors
            Spoiler (Front & Back)

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzo View Post
              this link

http://www.cornwall.gov.uk/Default.aspx?page=3080

but if they're anything like up here and you aren't related to someone who allocates the houses you've no hope of getting anything fast, unless your homeless through someone elses fault. I was having big problems here plus getting threatened with being put off the list, for not being nice to council employees, till I contacted the ombudsman after 2+ years of overcrowding/limited facilities for my disabled sponger wife then suddenly after forwarding the correspondence of threats etc to the ombudsman we got housed within two weeks.

This after working between Aberdeen-London and everywhere in between is how you get treat by government wallas, so for all those lucky to have a stable lifestyle who condemn anyone on benefits, lets just ####in hope it doesn't happen to you lucky ####s eh. H
              You are not doing to bad yourself, gas guzzler of a truck and a sports bike.
              Brian

Comment

thanks guys think i might go shelter n see how we go :-)

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                  You are not doing to bad yourself, gas guzzler of a truck and a sports bike.
                  I never said I was skint, I just get sick of the house of lords on here who think because they're ok now that it can't happen to them, I sincerely hope all those who begrudge benefits for anyone unfortunate enough to find themselves on the dole lose their own jobs due to cuts cuts cuts and voting for the shower of $hit running the show presently.

Comment

I don't think anyone feels genuine cases should not be given all the help they require. It's the lazy scroungers that get people upset.
                    Brian

Comment

What he said

No problem with genuine cases, and I really feel for people who have worked / want to work who find themselves sidelined. I know I'd be absolutely gutted!

The people I really despise (I dont think thats too strong) are the ones who cant be arsed, or make up flimsy excuse after excuse as to why they cant work, when in reality, they can but they're just bone feckin idle or think the jobs they're offered are beneath them somehow.
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Reminds me of a funny story.

My wife was at someones house whilst doing the "health visitor" bit of her paediatric nursing degree. The man of the house was in the garden with a few of his mates, drinking beer and all working very hard to remove a large tree. All having a real good go of pulling the roots out. Turns out they were all on DLA. What a pishtake.
                        私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                          Reminds me of a funny story.

My wife was at someones house whilst doing the "health visitor" bit of her paediatric nursing degree. The man of the house was in the garden with a few of his mates, drinking beer and all working very hard to remove a large tree. All having a real good go of pulling the roots out. Turns out they were all on DLA. What a pishtake.
                          Given your complete lack of empathy I hope you end up in the garden drinking beer with all your mates... err... I mean... err...

How did this thread go from people trying to help Pirate-storm with advice to the whole political cycle of bore? Is it just easier to misrepresent views if they aren't in the same thread?

Comment

1) I've had a hard, frustrating day.

2) rather bored in a hotel in... er... Lulworth

3) had a few beers on my own because of 2)

Other than that, I dunno. My Mrs works for a housing association, but about 200 miles from Will.
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Again, this thread is missing gypsy asylum seekers...and the circle of bore is complete.
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X