Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coil spacers

hi all
    been searching for a link for 2" coil spacer suppliers, any info greatly appreciated
    15 years in shiny club, lovely

just get springs mate
    http://www.mudmuppet.com

Comment

Wow, I bet they'd be a nightmare to fit between the coils, that's a long way to stretch the spring to get them in, if you really want to go this route I would have thought 2 1" spacers would be easyier to fit keeping them a few of coils apart.
      As above, just get the +2 springs and shocks.
      Last edited by Shalershasker; 8 March 2011, 07:07.
      Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
        Wow, I bet they'd be a nightmare to fit between the coils, that's a long way to stretch the spring to get them in, if you really want to go this route I would have thought 2 1" spacers would be easyier to fit keeping them a few of coils apart.
        As above, just get the +2 springs and shocks.
        You don't stretch the coils,they go onto the chassis and form a "new" spring seat! They will help you gain 2" + 2" suspension lift ie 4"

John I have a set here that I took off my truck when I fitted my LC Springs,I'm happy to sell them but I have no idea what there worth!!

Regards

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by s car go View Post
          You don't stretch the coils,they go onto the chassis and form a "new" spring seat! They will help you gain 2" + 2" suspension lift ie 4"

John I have a set here that I took off my truck when I fitted my LC Springs,I'm happy to sell them but I have no idea what there worth!!

Regards

Mark
          Ha ha, not the things I was thinking of then lol.
          Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
            Ha ha, not the things I was thinking of then lol.
            Do you mean something like these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/380158900153

Easy enough to wedge them in with a mallet.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
              Do you mean something like these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/380158900153

Easy enough to wedge them in with a mallet.
              Yeah, that's the sort of thing I was thinking of .
              Neal

Comment

Originally posted by s car go View Post

Regards

Mark
                that sounds spot on mark, the truck has roughtrax + 2"springs and desert fox +2" shocks but i think it needs a touch more height on rear end, so thought i,d go down this road, i have no idea what they are worth either mark as i said i was trying to find a supplier to get an idea, did the lc springs lift it more than it was with coil spacers and did you have stock springs or aftermarket ones, think of a price inc postage and we,ll take it from there mark, what did the lc spring cost you and from where,
                regards john
                15 years in shiny club, lovely

Comment

Originally posted by geordie john View Post
                  that sounds spot on mark, the truck has roughtrax + 2"springs and desert fox +2" shocks but i think it needs a touch more height on rear end, so thought i,d go down this road, i have no idea what they are worth either mark as i said i was trying to find a supplier to get an idea, did the lc springs lift it more than it was with coil spacers and did you have stock springs or aftermarket ones, think of a price inc postage and we,ll take it from there mark, what did the lc spring cost you and from where,
                  regards john
                  You can get them from a supplier in Oz on fleabay for about £40 plus postage (lots from Oz plus possible import duties to pay) and it works out roughly the same from 4crawler I think. Dunno about any of the other guys that supply them from the forum but it should give you an idea of what to offer.

Comment

if you want something a bit more permanent try:
                    http://www.outrageousoffroad.co.uk/Parts.html

Comment

You might find some of the info on this recent thread useful too:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=69448

Comment

Coil springs

Originally posted by geordie john View Post
                        hi all
                        been searching for a link for 2" coil spacer suppliers, any info greatly appreciated
                        John,may be wrong(well the wife says so)but the items on ebay look like spring assistors,they help to stop the spring compressing too much when towing,I dont think they are to increase your ride height,as someone said,better to go for longer springs,and in reality,two rings of rubber wont stop a Surf from going where it wants to go but they may help a bit,Alan

Comment

If you have access to a lathe the drawings are here .....

http://daemon4x4.org/portal/downloads.php?dcid=13
                          ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Surfenstein at outrageous offroad - I bought some about 6 months ago (might fit them soon) I don't recall how much they were though about £100 I think
                            Last edited by puddlesurfer; 8 March 2011, 18:52.
                            “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
                              If you have access to a lathe the drawings are here .....

http://daemon4x4.org/portal/downloads.php?dcid=13

Did you ask first before opening the door.

Here they come.
                              Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X