The Dark Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dark Side

Hi folks. Just thought I'd say hi. New to this Toyota stuff having spent the last few years accumulating a number of old (can I say Land Rover) Land Rovers.

Just sold a couple as in reality I need something that works; all the time and is preferably warm and watertight. To this end the Mrs now has a 1995 SSRX and I'm awaiting delivery of a new import 1998 SSRX Ltd. I'm almost tempted to sell my tools now too.

Only issue we have with the '95 is that the gear (auto) selection illumination isn't working. Should this show up on the dash too or is it just at the stick? i take it that there is a bulb that needs replaced if it's just at the centre console.

Anyway, as I know little enough about LR's I'm sure that there will be loads to ask over the coming years and months regarding our Surfs.

Cheers,

Fraser

Welcome into the light ! I've a 1998, so not sure about '95, but most likely just a connector loose or bulb in the dash ? I know I have one an indicator in the dash (O/D OFF) that only illuminates with a gentle thump..
    3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

HI

Comment

Hello welcome
        “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Hello & Good day to you...
          It's only kinky the first time...

Comment

It only illuminates at the stick. Theres nothing on the dash for the gears. try giving it a gentle thump in the stick area. If that fails you will need to replace the bulb.
            Сви можемо

Comment

try giving it a gentle thump in the stick area..... ouch

Hello and welcome......
              Remember arrows are silent.....................
              Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Thanks for the pointers. I'm use to hitting thigs with hammers so a jentle thump will be an novel yet plesant experience.

Cheers,

Fraser

Comment

Hi n Welcome enjoy ya stay n this any help Fraser ?

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...r+Illumination

Jess
                  nearly 10 years of Surfs
                  "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                  X