HELP/ADVICE ON 2.7 litre HI LUX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP/ADVICE ON 2.7 litre HI LUX

I am about to purchase a 1999 Hi Lux Surf 2.7l petrol(SSR-G) S reg with 50000 miles on the clock for £11995.
    I am a completely new to 4x4's but would you consider this to be a fair price?
    Is the petrol engine reliable compared to the diesel and what sort of mpg can i expect the dealer says about 25mpg but he would!!
    Also when it comes to sell it will i have troble getting rid of it?
    The vehicle is in immaculate condition and i should be picking it up tomorrow unless you guys tell me i am getting ripped off!!!!
    Any advice or comments would be great

Bakes

Hard to advise as its a very rare truck, MPG sounds reasonableish. older 3.0 V6's get 19-25, newer 3.4 V6 gets a little better, with more HP as well, older 2.4 4 cyl are about the same as the 3.0, but without the punch of the V6. Never seen a 2.7 in the flesh. Alot will depend on how you drive it. My old V6 4Runner would hit 30mpg on the motorway at 70mph, but driving around town it was around the 20 mark.

The truck should be pretty sweet, check insurance before you buy, not many places will have heard of one that new.

Don't worry about selling it, you won't want to!!

Personally I'd rather get a 3.4 V6, with the optional TRD supercharger! :drool:

Got any pics?
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks for the advice,decided i'm going to buy it will try and post some pics soon!

Comment

A 2.7 on a 97 plate just went for over £5K on ebay ! ( very nice looking car with loads of pics to have a good look at it ) needed SVAd but had the MOT so shouldnt pose any real probs.
        3RD GEN 3.0TD 1996 SSR-X BLUE OVER SILVER

Comment

Working...
        X