winch or tirfor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winch or tirfor?

was thinking of making a winch bumper and all seemed to be going well but in two minds whether to ditch the winch and bumper plans and get a tirfor instead

both have pros and cons the tirfor in mind is 3200kg lifting and 5000kg pulling (11000lbs) so it is better than most winches and you can attach it to front, back side of the truck to pull you out from almost any angle and the length of wire rope doesnt matter as can be infinate within reason of course!

what do you all think?
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Winches look cool! but they are a lot of money for something you hope you'll never need! (a bit like insurance)

That said if you ever need a winch a least it is permenantly on the truck.
    Last edited by puddlesurfer; 3 March 2011, 12:41.
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

WINCH......
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Winch and unlike puddles, I hope and go out my way to need mine every time the truck is out.
        Last edited by yoshie; 3 March 2011, 14:34.
        Brian

Comment

I've needed one whenever i've been off roading - just didn't have one!

It's on my shopping list - I've got to finish my lift and get my new wheel/tyres on first - then I'm going to start thinking about a winch and new bumpers
          “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

im with yoshie think if you have one use it hehe! and i think with the knowledge of it being there make you a bit braver! and probably more foolish too!

with a bit of redesign i have managed to get it down from 37KG to 26KG and the structural engineers in our office have had a shuffty through the steel thicknesses and design and it is OK for 4 tonne pulling!

it looks like the ARB one BTW
            http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Lug a tirfor around or always have a winch? easy really, winch every time.
              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
              X