What is the standard ride height??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the standard ride height??

I've had a good search round the site but can't really find an answer here.
    A recent post suggested that 13.5" is the standard suspension height.If thats the case,I've managed to give my truck a 1/2" lift!! My truck is now riding at 14" rear and 13" front (rim top to under arch)
    Does anyonr know what is, or was, the standard height or have we all forgotten in light of the age of our trucks and the amount of lifts that have been done???

Thanks

Mark

Nobody know??

Comment

I once went to see Derren Brown live, and it was a great show, but after, none of us could accurately describe in detail the events that had happened. Weird eh?
      I think its the same with ride height. You tend to be so disgusted with the saggy ar$e that when its done, all memory of those saggy days is deleted from your memory.
      Or alternatively, no one gives a $hit!
      Don't let numbers get to you. Sort it, lift it, look at it. If it looks right, it IS right, regardless of "I've lifted my surf 6 Inches" or not...

BTW I've theoretically lifted mine 6 inches at the back. It ain't though...
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

This info is somewhere, cause I found it and checked mine a couple of months ago - sadly it only confirmed what I already knew - the saggyness of my rearend

You should really measure from wheel centre to wheelarch

EDIT : found this for Gen2 - wasn't how I did it tho'

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...t=stock+hieght

Measure centre of front axle or hub to ground,
        Measure centre of front eccentric bolt to ground,
        Subtract eccentric bolt from front axle centre.
        Standard height = 58mm

Measure centre of rear axle to ground,
        Measure centre of bolt for lower control arm bracket to ground,
        Subract axle from bolt,
        Standard height = 61mm,
        Last edited by spacast; 2 March 2011, 23:42.

Comment

i was parked next to a none lifted one 2day and with the lc spring's mine's a lot taller looked like more than 3inch and we're on the same kit aint we
          http://www.mudmuppet.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
            I once went to see Derren Brown live, and it was a great show, but after, none of us could accurately describe in detail the events that had happened. Weird eh?
            I think its the same with ride height. You tend to be so disgusted with the saggy ar$e that when its done, all memory of those saggy days is deleted from your memory.
            Or alternatively, no one gives a $hit!
            Don't let numbers get to you. Sort it, lift it, look at it. If it looks right, it IS right, regardless of "I've lifted my surf 6 Inches" or not...

BTW I've theoretically lifted mine 6 inches at the back. It ain't though...
            I take your point on this "who gives a shit"! Yeh well if you want to lift the front end 2" over standard then it helps to know at what height it should have been to start with,otherwise your ####ing in the wind.Mine had been messed with in the past.Its 15 years old so the front torsion bars could be suffering from sag!

Spacast ,Thanks for that.I did find that too,but did not really get it

Luke,My mate was here yesterday,and he's got Roughtrax +2" springs,so I told him he shold get a suspension lift!!

Cheers

Mark

Comment

sits as high at the back on lc springs as a 2inch lift with 33's
              http://www.mudmuppet.com

Comment

Working...
              X