New windscreen fitted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New windscreen fitted

In Lucifer today.I was driving it last week and a stone flew up and cracked the screen.
    I had to pay £90 excess but it don't affect my ncd.
    The actual cost of the new screen was nearly £650 plus nearly £200 for the chrome trim.
    Give Adrian Flux some credit when i rang them last week and they got Auto Glass on the case right away.I had to send pics of the truck in as Auto Glass had to send fitters from Bristol down due to the size of the truck.
    At least the new owner of Lucifer will be happy in a couple of weeks time when he collect it knowing a new screen has been fitted
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Holy sh1t!

Think I will check my policy to make sure my glass is covered. I'm with Flux too.

Comment

well worth double checking.A bloomin pain really as Lucifer is sold and nowi can't claim any of the money back as i had paid in full for it

Comment

Are the Bristol fitters taller then?

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Lol.the fitters from Bristol do the windows on the buses and trains etc.The normal everyday fitters are not allowed to fit screens on vehicles over as certain height

Comment

What's the score if you need a new windscreen for a 3rd gen, are they available in the UK ?
            3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

Originally posted by malxwal View Post
              What's the score if you need a new windscreen for a 3rd gen, are they available in the UK ?
              Windscreen took about 5 days for mine & a door glass 2 weeks, it all depends on whats in stock.
              If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                Are the Bristol fitters taller then?

Last edited by Matt.n.p; 2 March 2011, 02:07.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                  The actual cost of the new screen was nearly £650 plus nearly £200 for the chrome trim.
                  Holy Sh!t!!!

Thats one expensive piece of glass.
                  En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer Ross View Post
                    Holy Sh!t!!!

Thats one expensive piece of glass.
                    I couldn't believe it whern he showed me the receipt for it.

Comment

trust me when i say, a £650 bill from Autoglass equates to a price around £150 from an independant windscreen company, i have been in and around the windscreen trade for over 15 yrs and have run my own windscreen company, for example a heated front screen for a 2008 ford ka for me to buy was just over £100, insurance company refused to let me put in a bill for £200 to supply and fit, saying their contract was with Autoglass, I knew the A/G fitter who showed me the bill that was going to the insurance company for £679!!

My windscreen company folded in this recession but i know for a fact that I could buy a screen for a 2nd gen surf for £85 and personally for the price of the original chrome trims I'd rather use a universal black rubber moulding for a fiver.
                      so my advice to anyone wanting a screen is shop around the independants, you'll find prices are a fraction of Autoglasses

Comment

Sorry to hear about your windscreen Rich, have to admit though I'm puzzled as to how a stone got that far up in the air!!!?

Comment

Originally posted by mickyd View Post
                          trust me when i say, a £650 bill from Autoglass equates to a price around £150 from an independant windscreen company, i have been in and around the windscreen trade for over 15 yrs and have run my own windscreen company, for example a heated front screen for a 2008 ford ka for me to buy was just over £100, insurance company refused to let me put in a bill for £200 to supply and fit, saying their contract was with Autoglass, I knew the A/G fitter who showed me the bill that was going to the insurance company for £679!!

My windscreen company folded in this recession but i know for a fact that I could buy a screen for a 2nd gen surf for £85 and personally for the price of the original chrome trims I'd rather use a universal black rubber moulding for a fiver.
                          so my advice to anyone wanting a screen is shop around the independants, you'll find prices are a fraction of Autoglasses
                          ihad to get my glass and trim from toyota £206 with the vat
                          http://www.mudmuppet.com

Comment

Working...
                          X