Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carputer Ideas?

Carputer project anyone tryed it?

Have start a little project while back decided to pick it up.
    pretty basic at the moment basicly nice display screen with some options
    made in .net.

Music
    Videos
    Phone (Nokia 6230i > Data Cable)

Have decided to do some more work on it and add some other features.
    here are some of the ideas i have would like some advice and opinions on.

.:Idea 1:.
    Have picked up 2 Heat sensors USB and SDK's from ebay 11 quid.
    the idea was to place 2 sensorse in the car 1 low 1 high.
    compare the 2 values get the average and use a Servo controler board and relay to control heaters creating a form of climate control.

.:Idea 2:.
    I have been playing with camera and Motion detection in .net and found that you can put an image through OCR pulling characters from an image, also works on number plates pretty well, other then pilling the values through AA/DVlA website and internet dongle cant think of any use really but might have potential.

.:Idea 3:.
    Dont know if anyone has heard of Alice (Artifical Linguistic Intelegent Chate Enterty) its a chat response bot that learns and never answears a question in the same way twice'ish.
    I used Microsoft sam as voice, voice rec SDK's. voice to text into alice getting replys from alice back out through Microsoft Sam and then just ad word to db comparison for commands. Works really really well except for background noise when music is playing.
    Dont know if anyone has any idea of how kinect works to block out ambient sounds.

Opinions?
    3.0L V6 Manual 4-Runner

.:one::.
    Big Sound System (100 Infinity 6x9's Boxed :: 2 JBL GTO 14" 255w Subs)
    Bull Bars (Slightly Customized)

.::To Do::.
    Tires MT 33's
    Snorkle
    4" Lift
    Tow Bar
    Wind Deflectors
    Spoiler (Front & Back)

do it all if thats what your into
    go for it thats what i think
    take pictures too
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

i put a micro pc in a 306 once i used a use controller to most thing's in the car like the window's door lock heater and ran it through a touch screen car stereo using the rgb port on the back and linked the touch screen up through the satnav controls one of them http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/7-USB-Touch-Sc...item230e1fb100

i think i still have the prototype usb control and i defo still have the software witch run's in both osx and yellow dog linux linux is best to us as take's up less space and faster
      http://www.mudmuppet.com

Comment

Working...
      X