Electrical Isues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical Isues

After a fun day laning on sunday, my poor Daisy is suffering some electrical issues. The central locking has decided to work intermittently and the windows including the rear tailgate have stopped as well. Tailgate window still works from the key mind. I've been checking fuses and the like and i cant find any that have blown so i'm assuming there is some Northumberland mud (or cow/sheep shlt) caught somewhere that is causing the problem. Any suggestions as to a remedy please will be appreciated or even a starting point as to where to look now since i've exhausted the fuses issue. My free saturday this week will end up as a day trying to work out where this electrical issue is.

Thanx in advance fellas.
    If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes.

i think the central locking box is in the driver's foot-well if thats any help to you
    http://www.mudmuppet.com

Comment

Had same issue with my windows and rear one too, turns out there is a window lock button on the drivers door armrest console. I pushed that and all working again!

Don't think it effects the central locking tho'

hope that helps!

Comment

mines not done the same but
        it did switch on the alarm and immobiliser for no reason

it kept locking its self then it would start with the immobiliser
        and leave me stranded
        i never could find what it was
        but there is a but
        after i had my gearbox fixed there was a wire that had broken (dew to off roading) this stoped my 4wd from working
        i think that the broken wire would catch on something and set it all off
        because after i spoted it and had that part fixed
        it stoped doing it and has never done it since
        tiz way i blame that wire

dont know if it helps like but there ya go
        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by daisy710 View Post
          After a fun day laning on sunday, my poor Daisy is suffering some electrical issues. The central locking has decided to work intermittently and the windows including the rear tailgate have stopped as well. Tailgate window still works from the key mind. I've been checking fuses and the like and i cant find any that have blown so i'm assuming there is some Northumberland mud (or cow/sheep shlt) caught somewhere that is causing the problem. Any suggestions as to a remedy please will be appreciated or even a starting point as to where to look now since i've exhausted the fuses issue. My free saturday this week will end up as a day trying to work out where this electrical issue is.

Thanx in advance fellas.
          Broken wires in the rubber boot between door and body???

Regards

Mark

Comment

Working...
          X