Gibraltar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibraltar

Looks like I'm there next week. Does anyone know of anything to do over there? I may do half a days diving (if I can) when I get there as I won't be working that day! Not after getting to Gatwick for 4am.
    Any tips?
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
      Shoot.
      Who?
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Targets.
        Seem to remember that you can pistol shoot etc over there still. Not sure whether tourists can though

Comment

Spanking the monkey is the done thing in Gib.
          Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

It's close to Terife on mainland Spain which is one of the windiest spots on earth. Great for Wind/Kite Surfing/Karting if that's your thing.

On Gib itself, the duty free cameras were a good price. The town has all your recognisable UK highstreet franchises. Take a trip up to the top to see the monkeys and hear the history, the taxi drivers are manic on the hilly roads and there are cable cars too which were off last time we were there (too windy).

Liked the place.
            Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Gibs a nice place. Loads of history and sights to be taken in just having a walk around.

Comment

Have'nt been since the early 80's (when I was in the RN). All I can remember is lots of pubs & clubs and that the police station is neolithic! All you get is the stone bed, no mattress or blanket!!!
                Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Piker View Post
                  Have'nt been since the early 80's (when I was in the RN). All I can remember is lots of pubs & clubs and that the police station is neolithic! All you get is the stone bed, no mattress or blanket!!!
                  Ouch! Hope it wasnt nothing too serious!
                  Thanks for the tips. My flight back is Saturday lunchtime so I'll have some sight seeing time as well
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                    Who?
                    Apparently IRA terrorist suspects are a preferred target.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                      Ouch! Hope it wasnt nothing too serious!
                      Erm, given recent events I'm keeping shtum! (it was vehicular and alcohol related tho!)
                      Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Got to be the crappist place I have ever been to... A non-interesting rock. Went there to get a camera battery. Could not wait to get out of there.

Funny thing happened though...got asked for directions by some spanish...in Spanish ...told them they need to learn English as they were on english soil...kinda fun to do in a xenophobic way..
                        .... Which was nice.

Comment

In a previous life, we used to take a Canberra over there now and again to provide Stiletto sea skimming missile simulations for the Navy.

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Rally Micra View Post
                            Got to be the crappist place I have ever been to... A non-interesting rock. Went there to get a camera battery. Could not wait to get out of there.

Funny thing happened though...got asked for directions by some spanish...in Spanish ...told them they need to learn English as they were on english soil...kinda fun to do in a xenophobic way..
                            Bit far to go just for a camera battery though. Don't they have Jessops in East Grinstead?
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                              In a previous life, we used to take a Canberra over there now and again to provide Stiletto sea skimming missile simulations for the Navy.
                              There is a war ship parked up at Canary Wharf these past few days. Has a army chopper parked on the back of it too.

The sailors are in town!
                              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                              X