The surf Gods have smiled upon me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The surf Gods have smiled upon me

For once in my pitiful life something lucky has happened to me! My back window (on the surf) had stopped going down when using the key (although it still worked from the interior switch).

So I had a little search and determined it was most likely the wire from the switch to the relays behind the cubby hole in the boot. So I checked the part of the wire where it goes into the rear door, nothing obvious. Took off the interior panels to get to the relays, nothing obvious, checked the wires where they run from the back door back up into the body, nothing obvious.

So decided to use a multimeter to narrow down the breakage. Easiest place to get to was under the bumper so made a little cut in the wires sheath to get a reading and the break was in that exact spot where i'd made the cut So joined it back together and it worked, woo!!

I know it's only small but things like this don't normally happen to me

The only fly in my ointment was that the BBC decided to put Total Wipeout on at 6 instead of 7pm and I went and missed it (Grr).

Well done Dan.By the way that silencer has worked a treat and fitted great
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Cool, you can send it back to me if you like (still attached to the truck though)

Comment

cost a bit to send back though £4500..
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I have half a mars bar and some pocket fluff to trade? Actually I might have to retract the offer of a mars bar, I need to eat next week

Comment

Originally posted by oneidadan View Post
            For once in my pitiful life something lucky has happened to me! My back window (on the surf) had stopped going down when using the key (although it still worked from the interior switch).

So I had a little search and determined it was most likely the wire from the switch to the relays behind the cubby hole in the boot. So I checked the part of the wire where it goes into the rear door, nothing obvious. Took off the interior panels to get to the relays, nothing obvious, checked the wires where they run from the back door back up into the body, nothing obvious.

So decided to use a multimeter to narrow down the breakage. Easiest place to get to was under the bumper so made a little cut in the wires sheath to get a reading and the break was in that exact spot where i'd made the cut So joined it back together and it worked, woo!!

I know it's only small but things like this don't normally happen to me

The only fly in my ointment was that the BBC decided to put Total Wipeout on at 6 instead of 7pm and I went and missed it (Grr).
            Jammie git, if that were me i'd have been pi$$ing about for a week & still not fixed it.
            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by oneidadan View Post

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...s_4_Episode_7/

There you go

Gratz on the rear window luck too hehe

peace
              cal
              Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X