Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another big wheel thread!

Sorry! and yes I've searched.

I've been looking at fitting 33/12.5/15's to my truck at some point (2" body lift and 2" suspension lift)

But after having a good look a TonyN's wheels (33's) I'm thinking Bl00dy hell they're huge! (plus they were rubbing before he adjusted the wheel arch using the hammer method and he has a 4" suspension lift and 1.5" body lift)

I think 31/10.5/15's would look too small so I'm now thinking of going down the middle and fitting 32/11.5/15's has anyone else got 32's on? If you do have you any pictures?

Also what size rims would you recommend? 15x10's?

Thanks in advance
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

I had 33 x 12.5 x 15 on my old 2nd gen, that had a 2" suspension and 2" body lift and the tyres only rubbed the arches on full lock. I did have 30mm wheel spacers fitted as well.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
      I had 33 x 12.5 x 15 on my old 2nd gen, that had a 2" suspension and 2" body lift and the tyres only rubbed the arches on full lock. I did have 30mm wheel spacers fitted as well.
      If they're rubbing on full lock they will fail me on your MOT (if they notice) and I keep hearing about what a nightmare Spacers are.

I am probably going to use 15x10 wheels with a -32 offset.

I was just wondering if anyone else used 32" tyres and what they thought of the size

Comment

I used to have a set of Scorpion muds, 32 x 11.5's
        I passed them down to my missus's truck, she has 15x10 wheels.
        When fitted to them wheels the total diameter was nearer 31"
        Tyres differ, but I imagine on 10" wide wheels, a lot of 33's would be nearer 32"
        Just get 33's and alter your truck so it doesn't go to full lock.

(why would they fail you on my MOT?)
        Last edited by slobodan; 19 February 2011, 20:46.
        Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

I have 32's fitted on 15x8.5 rims and I do believe you know what my truck looks like
          I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

32x11.50's... pics

My 32x11.50r15's on paj rims. don't know if these are 7.5 or 8"...

It's front to back where you get the problems, so having the right off set or spacers can help.

"B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
              I keep hearing about what a nightmare Spacers are.
              Worry about paying the bills and such could keep me awake at night. A piece of metal bolted securely between wheel and hub, no.

My 32mm spacers have had a good thrashing on and off road, and I'm still here to tell the tale...

PS

Alternatively, I want some 33's, so if you want mine... PM me!
              Last edited by Wolfracer; 19 February 2011, 22:11.
              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
                Sorry! and yes I've searched.

I've been looking at fitting 33/12.5/15's to my truck at some point (2" body lift and 2" suspension lift)

But after having a good look a TonyN's wheels (33's) I'm thinking Bl00dy hell they're huge! (plus they were rubbing before he adjusted the wheel arch using the hammer method and he has a 4" suspension lift and 1.5" body lift)

I think 31/10.5/15's would look too small so I'm now thinking of going down the middle and fitting 32/11.5/15's has anyone else got 32's on? If you do have you any pictures?

Also what size rims would you recommend? 15x10's?

Thanks in advance
                Hello Lee. Heres mine. + 2" springs, tweaked torsion bars, no bodylift. 32x11.5x15 Maxxis Bighorns on 7" rims Never had any problems.....Cheers....Mick.
                Attached Files
                " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Fitting spacers make my wheels rub on full lock as it pushes the tyre out so it meets the inner arch. Still it didn't fail the mot on it. Just get a half decent offset and you will be fine. Somewhere from -32 to -43.. I have 30mm spacers on my -43 offset rims. Makes them like a -63 offset sort of.
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Thanks for the replies

Jotto - I thought your's had 33's - I do like your truck!

Wolfracer - If I want your what pm you? spacers or tyres?

I might just get 33s and bash the arches until they fit!

Comment

Wheels and tyres puddle. But if the new wheels fit ok then the spacers will be up as well.
                      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

mine on 35s looks trick but what a gutless wonder!

more to the point doesnt catch at all on lock or anything 35/12.5/15

Comment

Originally posted by escymad View Post
                          mine on 35s looks trick but what a gutless wonder!

more to the point doesnt catch at all on lock or anything 35/12.5/15
                          Wow - what lift do you have? - I wont go that big though, my truck is pretty gutless as it is!

Comment

6 inch body 2 inch suspension bud

Comment

Working...
                            X