squeeling like a pig..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• squeeling like a pig..........

Just when i had some poke to one side for sortin my saggy arse out a little squeel, originaly thought to fan belt turns out to be crankcase pulley going in on monday to be sorted.........
    Is it a time consuming job i dont even know how much its going to cost yet....

Originally posted by garry View Post
    Just when i had some poke to one side for sortin my saggy arse out a little squeel, originaly thought to fan belt turns out to be crankcase pulley going in on monday to be sorted.........
    mine needs doing too takes about an hour (at least it would if TonyN was doing it) I would guess two hours at the outside
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

when mine squealed like a pig
      it was the tension pully this bit
      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

The pulley its self is about £150, iirc, and the job should take about an hour, maybe 2 if it's stuck.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

this is the part that seems to have gone on mine the outer pulley part seems to have come adrift from the main body ie. what appears to be rubber has disintergrated I can actually wobble it forwards and backwards....

£52 off ebay bnib

Comment

110 quid at toyota its the one with the rubber flange in the middle of it
            why it cant be just in one peace ? the flange is for what?
            am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

this is the rubber flange........

i suppose it acts a damper from the crankcase ( but now i'm probably talking 80ll0x...)

and if anybody is interested:
              http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ht_2047wt_1141
              Last edited by garry; 19 February 2011, 15:24.

Comment

i suppose it acts a damper from the crankcase ( but now i'm probably talking 80ll0x...)
                Crankshaft, not crankcase.

Comment

Why did you say this, when you already knew?

£52 off ebay bnib
                  It's generally accepted that he eBay ones are shite quality, in comparison to the RT/Toyota ones.

Comment

Any idea if the KS International/Milners one is any good £65 + vat (they're just up the road from me so I can save a tenner on delivery!
                    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                      Why did you say this, when you already knew?

It's generally accepted that he eBay ones are shite quality, in comparison to the RT/Toyota ones.
                      obviously i knew how much the part was as i ordered it it was the labour side of things i was enquiring about hence the question:

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                        Crankshaft, not crankcase.
                        see i told you i was talking 80ll0x lol

Comment

Its a crankshaft vibration damper, nowadays they use DMF (dual mass flywheels to dampen them further.
                          What have I told you about thinking Erroll

Comment

well all nice and quiet again £50 labour =£102 all together sorry £112 £10 postage..
                            heres the offending piece(s)

and on of the dissintergrated rubber
                            Last edited by garry; 21 February 2011, 20:10.

Comment

I've done two of those in two weeks, and lots over the yeras, its quite common.

People don't use a hub puller to get the pulley off when doing cambelt or heads, they use a puller with legs on the outside and it buggers them up in the future as the glue fails.
                              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                              X