Payment Protection Insurance on Credit cards etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payment Protection Insurance on Credit cards etc

I had an egg credit card for about 8 years, paid it off recently and noticed they had been adding payment protection insurance since I'd had the card, checked back the old paperwork and it had been added automatically without me being given the option to decline it. Stuck in a complaint to them and they've now come back saying they are going to refund all premiums paid, plus interest. Going to be a sizeable sum as the premium is based on your monthly balance - had a bad spell where I relied on it and was making minimum repayments. Guess I should have been more aware of what was going thru the statement - nice bonus now though. All it took was a short letter and a few phone calls over a 5 week period. Just waiting for the cheque to arrive now.

funny you say about this as i have just checked online and they have done the same to me.Think i will be getting on the phone to them aswell
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I had an Egg card a while back - wonder if I've still got my old statements...
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

make sure you back it up with a letter to Customer Services - they have 8 weeks to get back to you otherwise you can go to the Financial Ombundsman.

There's some good advice here and you dont need these no win no fee organisations either - the fees are ridiculous

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/rec...loan-insurance

Good luck

Comment

cheers i will be on the case later.They are taking £36 a month from me and i never actually realised it till today
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

It was the origianl credit card agreement that I picked it up on, you've got to be able to prove that you werent given the choice to decline it or there was a reason why you wouldnt be able to claim - think there were minimum working hours etc.

Comment

Good stuff - all adds up - I was over £80 at one stage

Comment

Originally posted by Kiter View Post
                I had an egg credit card for about 8 years, paid it off recently and noticed they had been adding payment protection insurance since I'd had the card, checked back the old paperwork and it had been added automatically without me being given the option to decline it. Stuck in a complaint to them and they've now come back saying they are going to refund all premiums paid, plus interest. Going to be a sizeable sum as the premium is based on your monthly balance - had a bad spell where I relied on it and was making minimum repayments. Guess I should have been more aware of what was going thru the statement - nice bonus now though. All it took was a short letter and a few phone calls over a 5 week period. Just waiting for the cheque to arrive now.
                Kicked many a creditors ass with the help of the people on here
                http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

Comment

I'm waiting on a cheque for PPP from two Egg loans back in 05 & 06. They told me at the time I needed it but I've been self employed the last 12 years.

"HAVE YOU BEEN MIS SOLD PPP INSURANCE?"

Comment

Got my cheque from Egg in the post today - just over £3400, well chuffed, no doubt wont stay in the bank for long! Must take more care to read the small print and pay more attention to statements in future. No wonder *ankers were getting nice fat bonuses.

Comment

Working...
                    X