Fish on Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish on Friday

Well... Saturday. The tank looks a bit bare without, but I wanted to mature the plants, water and filter first

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...a/DSC00022.jpg bugga thought it might have got the picture up

still don't think it will fit mate.....you might want to take a couple of bits out....
    I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

looks good.

can't wait for fish pics.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by tonupteabag View Post
        bugga thought it might have got the picture up

still don't think it will fit mate.....you might want to take a couple of bits out....
        Fixed that for ya.

Comment

cheers mate
          I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Fish on fridays...i thought you were getting all catholic on us Andy,

It will be, up the bum no babies next.......
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Very nice, is it a Juwel tank?
              I have alot of Anubias barteri in my tank, I can send you some if you like, I have lots spare?

Comment

Ooooh yes please mate! It's my first go at proper planting, with enriched substrate, undergravel heating etc.

In the past I've kept and bred the larger SA Cichlids and as you probably know, they dont much care for plants

Going to aim for a community with less unusual species this time, such as knife fish, elephant nose, various Apistogramma, and rarer tetras. I've even fitted a home designed LED 'moonlight' system so I'll get to watch the knife fish / elephants going about their business after lights-out.

I'll send you some beer tokens to cover postage and packing.

Comment

Cool i'll get some out over the next couple of days, you probably know already but ideally it wants to be tied to some of the bogwood with a bit of cotton so it can take hold. It's fairly slow growing but i think it looks good and flowers quite regularly.
                  Good thinking with the night light, we've got a Kuhli loach and a little Bumblebee catfish we've had for nearly 6 years and we've seen them a grand total of 3 times
                  Are you going to use any CO2 stuff?

Comment

Not using CO2 at the mo. The plants I have I'm told should do OK without, given the other stuff I've done. I also feed with API Leaf Zone weekly. If I need CO2 I'll get a system, but will wait and see how it goes.

So is Anubias fast growing? <edit> (a DOH! moment - should have read your post carefully)I have one Barteri (low down on left) and its certainly got 'greener' this last few weeks. Looks like it would make a nice midground plant. You say it works well on the bogwood then? Better near the top of the tank where light is stronger?

My mate has Khuli's which have bred in his tank - even though thats supposed to be a rare occurrence in captivity. He had 3, now he's got more. So unless they divide like worms...
                    Last edited by Apache; 18 February 2011, 00:51.

Comment

I used to have an aquamedic o2 system in one of my old tanks, produced excellent results but can be a pain with changing o2 cylinders and monitoring levels. In my current tank I just went with laterite in the gravel, plant food every so often and good lights and I've been fine so far, although I'm not keeping anything too tricky.
                      I would say it's slow growing, but I'm comparing it to the vallis that's in there, which zooms up. It seems to grow faster than the Anubias nana that's in there with it.
                      I think the roots of it are only supposed to anchor it to things, if it's in gravel you're not supposed to bury the big root that the leaves come off (I'm sorry I can't remember the name of it, I've forgotten loads of stuff) as apparently it will start to rot. It will grow in shady spots no problem.
                      Same thing I think for the java fern you've got, you can attach that to things, except that stuffs evil and must be killed
                      Good effort with the kuhlis, or perhaps he's just chopping them in half :-P

Comment

This is mine, I think I only have five plant species in here (sorry for the picture quality).

This is the barteri

This is the nana and moss

These are the flowers

Here you can see it 'climbing' from one piece of bogwood to another

Comment

Working...
                        X