New bike!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New bike!

So since breaking my leg playing rugby I have been looking at other ways to keep fit/rebuild my leg until it's is sorted and I'm back able to play again it looks like it's going to be a year or so at least! I decided to get myself a road bike went for a boardman from halfords seems a high spec bike for the money. Does anyone else do any distance riding?

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
    So since breaking my leg playing rugby I have been looking at other ways to keep fit/rebuild my leg until it's is sorted and I'm back able to play again it looks like it's going to be a year or so at least! I decided to get myself a road bike went for a boardman from halfords seems a high spec bike for the money. Does anyone else do any distance riding?
    I used to ride everywhere. Then my knees became tendinitis machines and I hobble everywhere instead now

Comment

I'm into the cycling mate. Have done for several years. A few of my friends came into cycling through having a Rugby injury just like yourself. F**ked knees and that. There is nothing that beats getting out on the bike for a few hours. Next thing you know you'll have given up Rugby, be a stone or two lighter and training for your first road race

Those Boardman bikes are a good bit of kit. The man himself puts a lot of effort into the R&D of them. Good choice as a first bike.

Comment

Yeah I actually can't wait to get on it and give it a go. I have a few mates who go out a fair bit so hopfully once my fitness is back I will be able to keep up with them. I did a fair bit of research on the bike before I got it seemed to best option for the the 1k budget I had. I was amazed at the ammount of money people spend on bikes 6-7k!!

Comment

Chap at work has a CF Boardman. Looks like a lot of bike for the money, and weighs next to sod all!

I thought my front sus MTB was light at around 24lbs!
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I was amazed at the amount of money people spend on bikes 6-7k!!
            Yeah it does get a bit expensive. I've spent my fair share on bikes over the years. I bought my last two bikes (Cervelo's) from a bike shop in New York and saved a few grand. One of our club members took himself over to Colnago's factory in Italy for a made to measure hand built frame for his 40th birthday. Buy the time he had built it up it was a thing of beauty as all the Italian bikes are but not my cup of tea. I prefer to go with function over form.

Good luck on the Boardman, 1k is a lot of money for a push bike in any mans book. Did you buy a helmet?
            Last edited by GBV8; 17 February 2011, 00:30.

Comment

the 1k budget I had. I was amazed at the ammount of money people spend on bikes 6-7k!!

Mine cost £60, has disc brakes and front and rear suspension!

Comment

Mine cost £1500 and i don't have to pedal.....
                Remember arrows are silent.....................
                Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Originally posted by Paul1566 View Post
                  Mine cost £1500 and i don't have to pedal.....
                  After adding lightness to my £1k MTB, mine's cost about that, and I DO have to pedal

'tis a lovely thing to ride though compared to my others.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                    After adding lightness to my £1k MTB, mine's cost about that, and I DO have to pedal

'tis a lovely thing to ride though compared to my others.

Ok just to be pedantic (oooh big word) how do you add lightness ????

As teacher used to say "discuss"........

or was it "yeomans thats disgusting, stop masticating and spit it in the bin"......

one or the other......

And also i didn't know stan boardman made bikes.....
                    Remember arrows are silent.....................
                    Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Ok just to be pedantic (oooh big word) how do you add lightness ????
                      I dunno... ask Lotus!

And also i didn't know stan boardman made bikes.....
                      Yeah. Bikes he thinks are amusing, but no-one else does.

Comment

Working...
                      X