Has anyone seen or tried these

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone seen or tried these

I'm assuming they are a spring seat or spacer of some kind, with +2 springs as well I guess a diff drop bracket would be in order to ease off the CV angles but was just curious to see if anyone had tried this type of thing on here.

http://www.burtmanindustries.com/zoo..._96_02_liftkit

They also have the white glow dials .
    Last edited by Shalershasker; 16 February 2011, 08:55.
    Neal

Not seen them, but yeah they are just spring spacers.

Adding them on top of uprated springs may mean extra work, like you can't just bung +4" springs on a 2nd Gen, rear axle reloction brackets, front diff lowering, and other stuff is needed to do it properly.

We've had ruined 3rd Gen that someone tried lift to much to fit 35's to recently....
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post

Adding them on top of uprated springs may mean extra work, like you can't just bung +4" springs on a 2nd Gen, rear axle reloction brackets, front diff lowering, and other stuff is needed to do it properly.

We've had ruined 3rd Gen that someone tried lift to much to fit 35's to recently....
      Cheers for that, that's good enough for me to steer well clear .
      Neal

Comment

Sounds Familiar

Comment

Originally posted by schrodingers-cat View Post
          Sounds Familiar
          Oh dear
          Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
            Oh dear
            Its ok, i bought it and the guy took it back and gave me a nice one but incase ya missed it this is it
            http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#ht_704wt_1140

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
              Cheers for that, that's good enough for me to steer well clear .
              LOL, just one opinion, I wouldn't write them off, I'm just saying you can't 'just bung them on' a lifted truck. Would be fine on a stock truck too, although getting the front ones squeezed in on stock length front struts might be tough.

I fitted 1" coil spacers on top of my 4" coils on the back of my truck, BUT it does have all the other 4" lift stuff. (and have worn out a set of prop splines because of it... )

Comment

Originally posted by schrodingers-cat View Post
                Sounds Familiar
                LOL, Well done, you are now famous on the forum, people try for ages to get 'known' You achieved it in a couple of days.

"The bloke who bought that messed up 3rd Gen".....

Comment

LOL, just one opinion, I wouldn't write them off, I'm just saying you can't 'just bung them on' a lifted truck. Would be fine on a stock truck too, although getting the front ones squeezed in on stock length front struts might be tough.

I fitted 1" coil spacers on top of my 4" coils on the back of my truck, BUT it does have all the other 4" lift stuff. (and have worn out a set of prop splines because of it... )
                  Hmmm, think I'll pass anyway and just see what it's like after I "eventually" get these bits fitted. Should have just given it to you in the first place, it would have been done and forgotten about by now lol.

P.S. Brackets arrived this morning, cheers mate .
                  Neal

Comment

Working...
                  X