Autoglass question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autoglass question.

Been waiting nearly 2 weeks for them to replace my glass, can i tell them to get lost when they call me "god knows when that will be" as im getting the glass elsewhere?

I have gone through my insurance so i guess i'll have to take it when it arrives.

Anyone know where i stand.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

At a guess I would say front room near your PC?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      At a guess I would say front room near your PC?
      You have a PC in your living room?

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post

Yes, well two laptops actually, it's an open plan room though.

Comment

Why not? I do!

The local Autoglass to me have problems with Surfs and 4Runners apparently.
          Sometimes they can get the glass and sometimes they can't and a lot of the time they don't refit the chrome strip. It could be my local one just being a bit crap though.

When my friends screen was broken he had to use Autoglass as appointed by his insurer which I think was Direct Line?
          I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Me 3
            Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

me 4

Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Yes, well two laptops actually, it's an open plan room though.
                I'm actually in the garage on the iPhone.

Comment

Can anybody give me a serious answer?

Comment

When they call, tell them to forget it. Two weeks is 13 days too long for an insured vehicle to be unsecured.
                    Then tell your insurers you'll be invoicing them for the glass and fitting time. If they get shitty, tell them you'll talk to the insurance ombudsman about it.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...d.php?t=458364

Comment

When they call, tell them to forget it. Two weeks is 13 days too long for an insured vehicle to be unsecured.
                      Then tell your insurers you'll be invoicing them for the glass and fitting time. If they get shitty, tell them you'll talk to the insurance ombudsman about it.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...d.php?t=458364
                      Cheers vince, I just hope they call when I'm having a really shitty day so I can go to town on them.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                        Been waiting nearly 2 weeks for them to replace my glass, can i tell them to get lost when they call me "god knows when that will be" as im getting the glass elsewhere?

I have gone through my insurance so i guess i'll have to take it when it arrives.

Anyone know where i stand.
                        Hi , i used to be a glass fitter for Rac autowindscreens, yes you can tell them to get lost if no cash has changed hands yet, or paperwork filled in in guessing. unless they have temp put some perspex in it for you asuming its not a windscreen.if its a screen you need an experienced person to fit them right, the cromes are a bit fragile,and the screen needs to have blocks placed round it ,or some damming tape to stop it pushing to far down in the glue causing wind noise ect ,ive seen so many bad fitted glass over the years

Comment

It was in the news recently that one of the big windscreen replacement companies had gone bust. Can't remember the name of the company but might be worth checking it's not that one?

Comment

Originally posted by oneidadan View Post
                            It was in the news recently that one of the big windscreen replacement companies had gone bust. Can't remember the name of the company but might be worth checking it's not that one?
                            Auto windscreens has gone bust but im with auto glass.

Comment

Originally posted by ziggy View Post
                              Hi , i used to be a glass fitter for Rac autowindscreens, yes you can tell them to get lost if no cash has changed hands yet, or paperwork filled in in guessing. unless they have temp put some perspex in it for you asuming its not a windscreen.if its a screen you need an experienced person to fit them right, the cromes are a bit fragile,and the screen needs to have blocks placed round it ,or some damming tape to stop it pushing to far down in the glue causing wind noise ect ,ive seen so many bad fitted glass over the years
                              No money has changed hands or paper work filled in but they did put me a piece of perspex in, i guess im stuffed.

Comment

Working...
                              X