Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greeley View Post
    do you make light bars for order
    Not really mate, times the problem at the mo, as i have started a $hit load of work on my truck but haveing said that i may have to make another so i guess i can do two at a time to save time, another prob is flat alloy plate at a decent thickness, wouldn't want to make you a promise i cant keep,

in fact just before christmas a guy (think he's a member on here) emailed me asking if i'd do a bar for him, i aggree'd but said it'll take me a while and would,t be able to start it till after Xmas, reply was yeah mate great, no problem, i'll pay ya for your time no worries, well nearing the end of Jan i felt bad as i hadn't made a start so emailed him and said sorry for it being so long and as i hadn't done it yet would he like the one off my truck, thinking i can do another later for myself, no soddin reply!! fine! nowt lost but i could just as easily forked out on metal and spent a week makeing it for sod all, could have done the decent thing and let me know he no longer wanted it,
    little rant over
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
      Not really mate, times the problem at the mo, as i have started a $hit load of work on my truck but haveing said that i may have to make another so i guess i can do two at a time to save time, another prob is flat alloy plate at a decent thickness, wouldn't want to make you a promise i cant keep,

in fact just before christmas a guy (think he's a member on here) emailed me asking if i'd do a bar for him, i aggree'd but said it'll take me a while and would,t be able to start it till after Xmas, reply was yeah mate great, no problem, i'll pay ya for your time no worries, well nearing the end of Jan i felt bad as i hadn't made a start so emailed him and said sorry for it being so long and as i hadn't done it yet would he like the one off my truck, thinking i can do another later for myself, no soddin reply!! fine! nowt lost but i could just as easily forked out on metal and spent a week makeing it for sod all, could have done the decent thing and let me know he no longer wanted it,
      little rant over
      hahaha,no bother,how much if you had the time lets say,would you charge including materials.im in no rush,also how would it fit as these dont have gutters on the roof do they,would it rap inside the doors,ps i cant stop looking at the heater unit,im gonna have an accident,its sooo nice

Comment

Drill your roof.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

thats one way of doing it,it wont be coming off so that wouldnt be an issue

Comment

Yup i drilled mine, five holes in all, four for the brackets and one for the wiring tube, toy need to drop the front of the headlineing to fit the "big-heads" or bolts and the roofs double/triple skined near the edges (doors) which is why i fitted mine inboard a bit to miss this, i guess self tappers would do at a push or riv-nuts if you have access to an air puller, (like an air rivet gun)
            if you dont want to drill the roof a Thrule bar that fits in the dood returns is the best bet and run the wires through the gap behind the door rubber.
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
            X