newbie here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie here

hey guys, im looking at buying a surf to tow a trailer with my race car on it and mayb do abit of off roading as that looks fun, want a diesel, would the 3.0td be the best thing to get? looking at spending about 2k maybe less.
    i dont mind having to do a little bit of work to it as im a mechanic and can do most things in my garage at home.
    when buying what are the main things to look out for on these perticullar vehicles?

Thanks
    Alan
    www.apmautos.com

welcome dude
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Yes a 3.0L would be best, especially if you need it for towing. As regards things to look at, just the normal stuff. If you are going to use it for towing you should consider fitting an extra transmission cooler ( if its Auto of course, which most are) and probably new 20% stronger rear springs to stop the sag.

Bogus
      Сви можемо

Comment

thanks for the advise bogus, are there any common faults to look out for? wheres the best place to get aftermarket parts? like the springs and oil cooler?
        thanks
        www.apmautos.com

Comment

The weak point is the cooling system. It's OK when properly maintained.
          Make sure the seller is not trying to hide anything, check it has red antifreeze in it and it's not being pressurised etc.
          Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Welcome

See here for some info:

http://hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.ph...426#post621426

Comment

cheers sancho, any one know of a gd place to buy one in the south east? know of a gd one in my area for my price?
              www.apmautos.com

Comment

Working...
              X