• Show
Clear All

• roof lights

[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	4x4 lights 3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	1270641[/ATTACH][ATTACH]30404[/ATTACH]

Installed the roof light on my Surf, now I need to get bigger spot light for the front and I will be happy
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Saffa4x4 View Post
    Installed the roof light on my Surf, now I need to get bigger spot light for the front and I will be happy
    You have a 2.4, I'd be taking them off!
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

looks good

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	4x4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	1253877yes its a 2.4, and I have also installed a safari snorkel to.

Thanks installing a "workers" light on the back this weekend.

Comment

[ATTACH]30407[/ATTACH]yes its a 2.4, and I have also installed a safari snorkel to.

Thanks installing a "workers" light on the back this weekend.

Um, have you covered the grille with something?

Have you ever seen the threads about overheating problems with the 2.4 , or are you just wanting a V8 conversion sooner rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            The restriction caused by bigger spots are the least of his problems then...

Comment

Have you ever seen the threads about overheating problems with the 2.4 , or are you just wanting a V8 conversion sooner rather than later.
              Yes I have drove to Scotland when it snowed so bad in December and she was running very cold the whole time up, and the heater was not working as well as it use to. She ran very well with it on and I also have have a bigger radiator.

I have been meaning to take it off, I dont use the Surf that offen as I am trying to get it ready for a trip down to South Afirca. I am planning of replacing the head anyway before I go, as a mate of mine had to replace his in Syria. He imported from Rough Trax to get fitted at a Toyota Dealer their.
              It cost him € 2800 ( something in that region) to replace the head and labour.
              Last edited by Saffa4x4; 11 February 2011, 22:10.

Comment

How did you see that?

Edit: oh yeah, the last pic.
                Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

I know good eyes its all the carrots he must be eating

Comment

If it was running cold then you are in absence of a thermostat which regulates engine water temperature and so engine temperature. You will probably find that without a thermostat MPG would be poor and your heaters will blow coolish, and on the motorway you could find the airflow through your rad would cool your coolant down considerably!

Well, that did happen to me on my very first car when I Was 18 and I thought the stat was stuck causing it to run hot. On the motorway I could freeze the engine and the needle went into "Crikey I've just started from cold" mode.
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                      If it was running cold then you are in absence of a thermostat which regulates engine water temperature and so engine temperature. You will probably find that without a thermostat MPG would be poor and your heaters will blow coolish, and on the motorway you could find the airflow through your rad would cool your coolant down considerably!

Well, that did happen to me on my very first car when I Was 18 and I thought the stat was stuck causing it to run hot. On the motorway I could freeze the engine and the needle went into "Crikey I've just started from cold" mode.
                      When I am driving in the city she gets hot,and the gauge will be lying half way. And sometimes on the motorways she will be half way on the gauge and when when I get off the motorway she will drop down to COLD again on the gauge. I will have have a look tomorrow if for my thermostat. I get about 400km (250miles) off a tank.

Well thanks for that I will look into that tomorrow.

Comment

How long have you had the truck?

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                          How long have you had the truck?
                          2009 I bought it form a guy in Surrey.

Comment

When I am driving in the city she gets hot,and the gauge will be lying half way. And sometimes on the motorways she will be half way on the gauge and when when I get off the motorway she will drop down to COLD again on the gauge. I will have have a look tomorrow if for my thermostat. I get about 400km (250miles) off a tank.

Well thanks for that I will look into that tomorrow.
                            How do you mean hot? On a good running vehicle the temperature should go to midway on the gauge and stay there regardless of speed and weather conditions outside.

I also forgot to mention that I removed my stat on my first car (but then put it back again!)
                            I also wouldn't swap out a head for the sake of it. It may have already had a head swap. Even if it had not I still wouldn't swap it out unless there was a head type problem. But that's just me.
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                              How do you mean hot? On a good running vehicle the temperature should go to midway on the gauge and stay there regardless of speed and weather conditions outside.

I also forgot to mention that I removed my stat on my first car (but then put it back again!)
                              I also wouldn't swap out a head for the sake of it. It may have already had a head swap. Even if it had not I still wouldn't swap it out unless there was a head type problem. But that's just me.
                              She would run midway and when you get off the motorway and on to some lanes she would dorp temp on the gauge, however the temp in the cab would be warm not hot. I am not sure if it would have to do with the bigger radiator??

Comment

Working...
                              X