Bugger bugger bugger......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugger bugger bugger......

After all the work done on me bearings and bushes and me outer cv boot on the nearside just found that the offside has a small split and ####ing grease out..........aaaaarrrrrrrggggg hhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now got to get new outer for off side, to do this need to remove the inner which i replaced 6 months ago and need to know where i can get the metal clips from..... any ideas.....
    May as well do the inner near side then they all done.....
    Was thinking of using zippy ties but not sure man enough.....
    What you reckon oh gods of surfdom ????????
    Remember arrows are silent.....................
    Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

i think toyota
    and
    i have used tie wraps/ zip tyes or what ever ya call em
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Would skiny 1/4" wide jubly clips be too much ?

Comment

If your talking cable ties then what about this sort of thing. Never tried them myself so I don't know how good they are but would have thought they'd be stronger than the plastic ones.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...0151&langId=-1
        Neal

Comment

Cheers for that but just been on eblag and ordered 4 of each for £6 in stainless.....
          Oh joy, really looking forward to taking it all apart again.....

Comment

For anyone seaching this later.....

Always change both gaiters while you have the shaft out!!

Zip ties are ok, the proper clips are better, but the universal 'stretch over the CV joint' gaiters are great for lifted trucks as the 'proper' gaiters have trouble stretching to steeper angles when you wind the torsion bars up.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Just bought inner and outers for my truck! (figured i'd best do em all)
              I did the offsides on my 2.4 last year.

So, Tony, questions......

1) any difference between doing 2.4 and 3ltr ??
              2) any difference between offside and nearside(in terms of work)
              3 Do my Warn F/W hubs come off easy or do the end up with bits going everywhere when i remove them
              4) can you make the weather warmer cos i keep putting this job off!

Alan
              www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                For anyone seaching this later.....

Always change both gaiters while you have the shaft out!!

Zip ties are ok, the proper clips are better, but the universal 'stretch over the CV joint' gaiters are great for lifted trucks as the 'proper' gaiters have trouble stretching to steeper angles when you wind the torsion bars up.
                Gone for proper clips and yes i was a numpty to not do both when i did them
                i will stand up and shout out "i am a ####"....... there thats better....

I find that looking at the worn out ones, its where the acute angle causes the boots to rub on themselves that wears them through...... my new ones were solid and not very flexi to start...... damn thick mind....

When i did the one the other day i left the inner cup on the diff and just released the boot and pulled it out... i did have all the suspension in bits.
                But is it possible to knock out the lower ball joint and have enough room to still get the drive shaft out, just trying to save undoing the 8 bolts on the diff flange, cus they are bustards to get undone......??????
                And me ball joints have just been released so should be easier to get out.
                Two big hammers and whack thier out.....i hope.....

Comment

Working...
                X