No announcement yet.

nice sparkly engine bay!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why wash your engine bay, loads of electric stuff in there. would you put an hose pipe down the back of your telly,
    JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Originally posted by lord lucan View Post
      why wash your engine bay, loads of electric stuff in there. would you put an hose pipe down the back of your telly,
      Common sense would say strapping a TV to your nudge bar and driving through 4 foot of water would be pretty detrimental to said TV.

Thing is, you can normally still get all 5 Channels, even if the reception is a little rough for a while.

Now powerful jetsprays are a different matter. Better with steam cleaner as they use a lot less water.
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by lord lucan View Post
        because i'm a nerd when it comes to cleaning cars. Why would you not use correct punctuation when putting AN hosepipe down YOUR telly?! ;-)

Elec's are fine mate, i blasted the crap out of it, full on pressure washer in there... fine!
        www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

There's a stuff called Surfex HD that I use for cleaning. It's water based and can be used diluted or used neat for cleaning really gunged up stuff. It will bring up the engine bay like in Vidamusics picture. I use it whenever i'm taking bits apart on the truck to get things clean and degreased.

Comment

Good effort, but it's not that sparkly.

Comment

I still think you should have done what they do in america and "accidentally" drive into a swimming pool.
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Coverage ?

Re-animating an old thread here, but just wanted to check whether you covered anything up ( food bags I'm thinking ) before you hit it with the jet wash ? Disconnect the battery or anything ? A slack hand with the new oil filter means my engine bay looks like a tar pit.

Comment

Working...
                X