Oh dear!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh dear!

Took the old truck in for her test today, all was going well. Testing the brakes front ones first, all O.K. Testing rears, big bang, well a strange noise anyway. Ruddy brake pipe burst! Glad I wasnt out on the road when that happend. Garage guy says that it runs from the rear to the front of the car and that it burst just above the fuel tank. Says that he may have to remove the tank to replace it but hopes that he may just have to re-route it and so avoid taking the tank. Anyone had this problem before or know if it will be possible to re-route the pipe. Sounds as though taking the tank off could be an expensive can of worms and that a re-route would be much cheaper. Ive been off work for a while now with a knackered spine and have just dropped onto half pay so if anyone can advise on this so I can in turn advise the garage I'd be over the moon.

Thanks in advance, Spoggle

I have no knowledge of your Surf, but unless there's a junction piece above the tank, there should be no reason not to just re-route the new pipe.
    Last edited by malxwal; 26 January 2011, 21:39. Reason: Speelling
    3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

re route around the tank, secureing it to the chassis, common problem above the tank, little rust trap ,
      JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Cheers guys, still waiting to hear from the garage but will tell em that the pipe should be re-routable. Glad it went when it did in the garage though, could have been very nasty out on the road amongst traffic

Spoggle

Comment

mine burst jest after the tank where it does a series of 90 degree bends. took it into the garage an he just laid 2 pipes on top of the tank and joined them at the joins. one just behind the front wheel and one by the rear spring mount. got me home. but im replacing all the brake pipes and connector for either copper or i think someone said nickel coated?! so once the respray has been done i'll be removing my fuel tank as i want to lift it further out of the way anyway. but i can then refit my new brake lines where they are supposed to be and get the chassis painted and waxoiled.
          Completely bitten by the off road bug, and what better vehicle to do it in!

Comment

Working...
          X