where do i get diff mount bush's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where do i get diff mount bush's?

basically when I was driving along there was a knocking from the front passenger side of the car, but only at certain speeds and under braking.

I jacked up the front passenger side and when I turned the wheel the diff moved up and down. I saw that the diff mount bush has loads of movement. I have tried on roughtrax and Milner but cant find new ones. so where do I get them from

also as the axel moves up and down would that indicate that something is wrong with any of the drive, i.e. cv, diff etc.

cheers will

bump

Comment

Toyota

edit - probably cheaper to buy a diff off a breaker here.

Comment

I can have a look tomorrow and see if I have a used one.

Otherwise if no one has a good used one you'll probably have to go to Toyota
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

cheers guys.
          i will try toyota tomorow
          but what about the dilemma with my axel, bassically the axel moves up and down on every rotation of the wheel would that indicate that something is wrong with any of the drive, i.e. cv, diff etc.

Comment

Originally posted by surf-wejd View Post
            the axel moves up and down on every rotation of the wheel would that indicate that something is wrong with any of the drive, i.e. cv, diff etc.
            yup, CV or diff, you need to check both, CV probably best place to start.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
              yup, CV or diff, you need to check both, CV probably best place to start.
              damn, i have only just replaced the cv well 500 miles ago and its an arse to do cus of the lift.
              i will cheak it out.

cheers

Comment

how much lift do you have on the torsion bars? To much and the CV's wll catch as they spin, espcially when jacked up and spinning the wheels as they hang with no weight on them, you can't long term go more than 1 1/2" - 2" without diff drop spacers to help with the CV angles.

Comment

2 inch lift,
                  i think im going to get rid of it soon, it costs too ###### much money and i ride my dakar motorbike 90% of the time anyway.

Comment

i still aint found the right bush, i have emailed rough trax and milner and toyota and still no go. aaahhhhhhhhh

Comment

I have some now if you want a good used one?

Comment

Working...
                      X