1st time going through river/ford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st time going through river/ford

hi guys well this is my 1st time goin through a river/ford three in total first two were quite shallow but 3rd was quite deep (to me anyway water came over bonnet when entered and when leveled out came up to me bottom of doors) never done anything like this b4 and i loved it bit of a rush to me i know you boys might think this is tame compaired to some of you what you do but i realy realy enjoyed it. just want to put some greenlaneing in as well somthing lite to start as ive never done this b4 either but cant wait, looking forward to avalanch even more now.
    just wanted to share this with you all
    cheers vince
    Attached Files
    surfs just steal all ya money

Good for you mate, I was very timid with the surf first time off road with it, but these days, well that's another story hehe.

peace
    cal
    Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Good for cleaning under the arches.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
        Good for cleaning under the arches.
        and i supose for getting all the salt off they put on the roads.

Comment

...a word to the wise....

it may have been forgotten by now, but I came a cropper a few years ago in a ford that was a bit deeper than anticipated....

So, may I suggest you are CAREFULL that the water doesnt come over the bonnet, as the air intake is just above the headlamp unit, and water + cylinders = trouble.... I had to be recovered by a <whisper>landrover</whisper>.

If you do manage to drown the surf, then all is NOT lost - remove the glow plugs, turn teh engine over and the water should be cleared. refit plugs and away you go.

Couldnt see in the pics if you had a snork, but if you intend on wetting teh truck I suggest you get one - and some diff breathers too.

Enjoy!!!
          If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Originally posted by legendgamesmaster View Post
            it may have been forgotten by now, but I came a cropper a few years ago in a ford that was a bit deeper than anticipated....

So, may I suggest you are CAREFULL that the water doesnt come over the bonnet, as the air intake is just above the headlamp unit, and water + cylinders = trouble.... I had to be recovered by a <whisper>landrover</whisper>.

If you do manage to drown the surf, then all is NOT lost - remove the glow plugs, turn teh engine over and the water should be cleared. refit plugs and away you go.

Couldnt see in the pics if you had a snork, but if you intend on wetting teh truck I suggest you get one - and some diff breathers too.

Enjoy!!!

mmmm got me worried about diffs and breathers n water been out and checked, all ok no water came out, but will do the diff breathers at the w/end and change oil as well, cheers for the advise.

Comment

Originally posted by millepeed View Post
              mmmm got me worried about diffs and breathers n water been out and checked, all ok no water came out, but will do the diff breathers at the w/end and change oil as well, cheers for the advise.
              Did you remove the drain plug to check for water in the diff?
              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Looks like that was West Acre ford Vince ? You are brave doing that in the dark, I often go through there in the summer but it can get a bit high in the Winter Mate.

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                  Did you remove the drain plug to check for water in the diff?
                  yes did take out drain plug just let very small amount out to see if water was in there but just pure smelly oil. bit of a releef but will do mod at w/end and also change the gear oil just to be sure as dont know when it was last done.
                  @webbo yes it is mate went with tim in his jimmy water was up to his rear lights bout 6inch up his doors it smells nice in his ruck now nice wartery smell.

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...light=breather
                    try that if its of any use to you

snorkel is all ways a good thing too just incaes its deeper than you think
                    i been wingmirror deep and it will then bob about realy unstable
                    anything after that
                    you must let the water in or you will bob onto your side
                    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Anybody know what thread size the breathers are ? I may have some fittings kicking around...Thanks.

Comment

best way to put a surf through water

One Ford you should try in in Standon village, it's a no car ford so muddy n deep!

A good tip to avoid sucking up water is: when you enter the water to get a bow wave at the front of the truck push it for a second then ease off the gas it then creates a wave in front effectivly pulling the water away from you, making a hollow of air right where your air intake is.

Hope it helps

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
                          Anybody know what thread size the breathers are ? I may have some fittings kicking around...Thanks.
                          hi dave just looked on someother threads about this and found out they are 1/8 bsp just might know where some shiney chrome push fit ones are, straight and elbows with nice 4mm blue flexable pipe and blue zip ties and also avalible in stainless

Comment

Working...
                          X