Irritating hob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irritating hob

Another weird question for you all. I have a Zanussi built-in gas hob that will not stop 'clicking' the ignition. The only way to shut it up is to switch it off at the wall.

I have tried checking the switches under the knobs aren't jammed (they're not) and I have tried berating my girlfriend, who was cooking when it happened, but neither seems to be working.

Any ideas?

Joking aside, hit it/ tap the one thats clicking.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

It's the plunger part of the ignition switch that sticks.
      remove the button and give the plunger shaft a squirt of WD40 and press it a few times to free it up. Switch off at the wall first though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
        Another weird question for you all. I have a Zanussi built-in gas hob that will not stop 'clicking' the ignition. The only way to shut it up is to switch it off at the wall.

I have tried checking the switches under the knobs aren't jammed (they're not) and I have tried berating my girlfriend, who was cooking when it happened, but neither seems to be working.

Any ideas?
        This happened to mine when I was cleaning it, I'd wet the the hob too much around the controls and water must of seeped down and made contact. It dried overnight and is working fine now, however, mines not a Zanussi tho'.
        Baz

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. Hitting and WD40 didn't help, but wiggling the plungers with long-nosed pliers did. That's saved me £100 for the pleasure of waiting in all day for a mouth-breather destroying my kitchen.

Comment

Normally a big hammer solves everything, oh well glad you sorted it mate.
            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Working...
            X