One of those days..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malxwal View Post
    No, unlike the track rod ends I bought from RT.
    From memory, mine have nipples on one of the edges. Only one TRE has a nipple, the other doesn't.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

In all honesty, I don't think the other side, which is top and bottom balljoints bought from RT, have grease nipples either, but the TRE's do.
      3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

No grease nipples on the genuine Toyota bottom balljoint, and was easier to move by hand than an aftermarket one.
        Just to add to the near £500 bill to repair the misery (parts only, all labor mine) a brake pipe ruptured (had been hauled way out of shape, and was original steel pipe). Fortunately local garage knocked one up for me in about 45 seconds.
        Left the bleed nipple soaking with Freeway over night.....don't want to add a new caliper to the misery....
        Well impressed with the ABS sensor, which comes with all the bracketry and rubber coatings at abrasion points; well worth the £120 + VAT....
        3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

That's her back on the road !! Had to fit a brake pipe, and bleed the brakes, remove a piece of the old ABS sensor from the hole in the hub. Now she's back to her old self, but better, stronger (I hope..)
          However, I have one of my 4 month old GGat2's which already has 2 repairs to it, and it's slowly going down, so I'm losing faith. I now have one brand new GG AT new style as a spare, but fear I may soon have to have another, so one axle will be AT, and one AT2. Tempted to put the AT on the back axle to see how they perform, but would make more sense to put the AT2's on there, wear them out before the AT, since they're now "old hat".
          The failure of the balljoint has cost me just shy of £500 in parts alone,not including the recovery truck, and that was a 5mph failure.....
          3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

Originally posted by malxwal View Post
            On the upside, it could have happened at high speed on a busy road (it happened at 5mph on a farm road).
            Then, in an effort to get ahead of the transporter taking it home, we took a farm road short cut and hit a roe buck with the Rangey; not a pleasant period ensued, and we were on our way with next weekends' roast across the back seat.
            I'm thinking this might be down to the very premature failure of a Milners supplied ball joint, but I'll hopefully find out for sure tomorrow when I get it to bits.
            Roughtrax, credit card, etc etc
            Don't you carry duck tape and cable ties then 5 minutes it would be as good as new!
            Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Aye, I was clean out of duct tape..heaps of tie wraps though !
              3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

Working...
              X