Front suspention question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front suspention question?

As some of you may know ive replaced my rear springs & shocks, im probably going to replace the fronts aswell because it seems a little harsh on the front end over speed bumps & the back feels alot smoother.

My question is, when i replace the spring & shocks will it effect the tracking in any way?
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Only if it alters the ride height at all, then you'll need to get the tracking checked.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
      Only if it alters the ride height at all, then you'll need to get the tracking checked.
      Im going for the roughtrax standards so it should be ok then.

Cheers tony.

Comment

Do you have to change the shockers at the same time you change the springs ?
        Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

As Tony said, the tracking should be OK. But; if the suspension has sagged and the tracking done when it was saggy, it may be slightly out when you put it back to the right hight. I'd have it checked anyway, just for peace of mind.

Another thing to remember when you're doing suspension work. Leave any disturbed mountings loose and only tighten them up when the vehicle's weight is on the suspension.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
            Not always.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              As Tony said, the tracking should be OK. But; if the suspension has sagged and the tracking done when it was saggy, it may be slightly out when you put it back to the right hight. I'd have it checked anyway, just for peace of mind.

Another thing to remember when you're doing suspension work. Leave any disturbed mountings loose and only tighten them up when the vehicle's weight is on the suspension.
              Thanks for the tip Andy.

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
                I'm only changing both because the springs are stronger & I'll be towing a bit more this year otherwise I'd have left them.

Comment

Si, some places will check the tracking for free and only charge you if it needs doing and they do it. It's worth just getting it checked but you will more than likely need it adjusting a little bit.
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                    Si, some places will check the tracking for free and only charge you if it needs doing and they do it. It's worth just getting it checked but you will more than likely need it adjusting a little bit.
                    I'm going to take it to the HI Q garage that did it when I put the new wheels & tyres on. They have the correct data on all jap imports & know what they are talking about & it was only £25.

Comment

Working...
                    X