My New Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
    Would be nice to see the state of the old one. The new head does look nice doesn't it!

Aren't you tempted a little bit to do some port matching at least?
    I'll take some photos of the old later!

I'm just warming up,-1° today and a stiff northerly wind=fingers you cant feel!

As for port matching! nah its an old diesel clunker,and all I want out of it is it starts,drives and don't overheat!!!

Comment

Tony, mine has both engine and trans dipstick on the o/s of the engine. It is most definitely a 1KZ-TE, down as a '98 on the docs, although imported by Surf City.
      3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

Originally posted by malxwal View Post
        Tony, mine has both engine and trans dipstick on the o/s of the engine. It is most definitely a 1KZ-TE, down as a '98 on the docs, although imported by Surf City.
        Thats interesting.

Just checked a 3rd Gen I have here and both dipsticks are on the N/S.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Yup, can't see how the lack of multimode transmission would affect that either. Maybe mine is just a bit weird...
          3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

Tony, see what you think of these pics of my motor. What age/type would you put on it ?
            Oh, and very sorry to be hijackin', I'll try and get some pics of a burst 1KZ-TE head...
            Attached Files
            3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

Could do with a vacuum
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Its Running!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by s car go View Post
                  Its Running!!!!!!!
                  Now one dude

Comment

Tony, see what you think of these pics of my motor. What age/type would you put on it ?
                    Oh, and very sorry to be hijackin', I'll try and get some pics of a burst 1KZ-TE head...
                    That's a wide body SSR-V Auto.

I'm interested in S Car Go's busted head, not the cracks (seen them), just want to see this crappy bit of kit that he took off.

PS: I have posted before on how to decipher the codes on the VIN Plates:

2nd Gen: http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showpost....71&postcount=8

3rd Gen: http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showpost....9&postcount=16
                    Last edited by Sancho; 21 January 2011, 14:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                      That's a wide body SSR-V Auto.

I'm interested in S Car Go's busted head, not the cracks (seen them), just want to see this crappy bit of kit that he took off.
                      S car Go, take your kit off and post up some pic's for Sancho please!
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

LOL, like we've never seen a busted Surf head!!

Comment

Am I being really think, or are those dipsticks on the N/S, ie passenger side?

:goes to check what side i posted it was earlier in thread:

Comment

Tony, definitely drivers side RHD.
                            Sancho, I humbly apologize, and cheers for the link, I'll go look at that. Is there online resource for ageing the vehicle by chassis/ build number?
                            Be interesting to see pics of different castings of heads, Toyota, AMC, "spurious" etc
                            Last edited by malxwal; 21 January 2011, 15:45. Reason: More info
                            3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

Well!!

I'd be very happy to say it's more powerfull,more responsive,smoother,quiter,but it's not!!! It's exactly the same as before,without the bubbles in the expansion bottle!!

By popular demand-photos of my old kit

Here,you can see the crack extending through the combustion chamber.

Comment

Thanks!

As Harry Hill would say... Dirty Boy!

Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                                X