Veg oil knowledge check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veg oil knowledge check

A mate of mine wants to start using veg oil in his Hi-Ace van (T Reg) and his Colorado (S Reg). He's asked me if it' OK to use it in both vehicles, I just want to check the advice I gave him.

So my question to you, is the same as his question to me. Is it OK to use SVO in both those vehicles?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

i know of people that run a hi-ace vans on veg
    and a guy i dont like runs his 02 plate landcruser on veg
    so i would say yes
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

AS FAR AS I KNOW, it's fine as long as they're not common rail. But what do I know. The Colorado will be a 1KZ won't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
        The Colorado will be a 1KZ won't it?
        Yep, I think so.

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
          i would say yes
          Cheers George.

Comment

As long as they're both diesels there'll be no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              As long as they're both diesels there'll be no problems.
              That's the first thing I asked him!

Comment

There used t be a databse on the biotuning website that was a reasonable guide but it seems to have vanished.

There is a rudimentry and anecdotal one here http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/...base/index.php that may help but otherwise its really a case of looking for a few who have done it in their own if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
                  There used t be a databse on the biotuning website that was a reasonable guide but it seems to have vanished.

There is a rudimentry and anecdotal one here http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/...base/index.php that may help but otherwise its really a case of looking for a few who have done it in their own if you can.
                  Try DieselBob's website. It usually has a long list of vehicles suitable for veg. At least it used to.....

Comment

My 1KZ-TE runs fine on 95% SVO, 4.5% petrol 0.5% 2 stroke oil most of the year. Ran 50/50 with diesel in the big freeze.
                    Presuming the Hi Ace runs on the same Denso fuel gear, shouldn't be a problem.
                    Does take a tiny bit longer to start from cold,maybe 2nd turn of the key, and will run quite lumpy if engine idles once the cold start has kicked out, but fine once engine up to temp.
                    Just my experience..
                    3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

Working...
                    X