X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2" lift kit - is this one okay?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-Body-Lift-Ki...item3a537cdfe3

I'm feeling the need....
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

It'll do the job. Thats the kit that W33lerd33ler has on his truck. He probably didn't know that though.

The most important thing is to use the best quality bolts you can lay your hands on. If you hit something, they take a lot of stress in the impact. They're the only thing holding the body of your truck onto the chassis.
    En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

That's what I have On dude
      www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Cool, thanks guys.
        Will be on its way shortly.
        Now, other than losening the 2 steering clamps, WD40'ing the nuts and bolts and taking the bottom shroud off the rad,is there anything else I "need" to do other than jacking one bit up and dropping the other bit?

ETA oops, just found this with links from Vidamusic...
        http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...841#post688841
        Last edited by Wolfracer; 18 January 2011, 22:04.
        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Probably too late but if you order it direct from the Xpajun website and save yourself a few quid.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
            Probably too late but if you order it direct from the Xpajun website and save yourself a few quid.
            Ker her her her ching!

Cheers Rustinho, good tip there.

Thats a few quid saved. Now, how do I buy one of those blue stars.....

(someone's bound to tell me, so thought I'd beat them to it!)
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer Ross View Post
              It'll do the job. Thats the kit that W33lerd33ler has on his truck. He probably didn't know that though.

The most important thing is to use the best quality bolts you can lay your hands on. If you hit something, they take a lot of stress in the impact. They're the only thing holding the body of your truck onto the chassis.

The bolts supplied in the xpajun kit are grade 8.8 so should be fine. The kit doesn't include bumper lift brackets or rad drop brackets.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
                The bolts supplied in the xpajun kit are grade 8.8 so should be fine. The kit doesn't include bumper lift brackets or rad drop brackets.
                There you have it then. Its a really good kit for the price.
                En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

You won't need rad brackets for the 3.0 just the bumper ones and these are easy to make, once you take the front bumper off and do the lift it's easy to see what's needed.
                  Get someone to keep an eye on the fuel filler hose to make sure it doesn't pop off or the next visit to the petrol station could see you pouring fuel all over the ground. Don't bother slackening this filler hose and trying to re-attach as it's a right pig, it should stretch just fine.
                  Clean the bodymounting seats for the blocks to go in so they sit properly and not on top of any stones or crud in there.
                  Get a decent bit of timber to go along the sill where you will be jacking the body to spread the weight and avoid damage.
                  Once the lift is done check the steering column where it goes through the bulkhead for rubbing, add a wee smear of grease if it's contacting the rubber grommet in bulkhead.
                  Last edited by KERRSURF; 19 January 2011, 08:54.
                  Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Wolf's got the 3.0 so doesn't need rad dropping mate.

Dead easy Wolf, follow them links spot on you'll have it done in a few hrs ;-)
                    www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

I'm fitting the rad drops on my 3.0 so the fan stays in its right place within the shroud. I believe removing the lower part of the shroud (which I've read on this site you have to do if you don't drop the rad) will make the fan less efficient ?

An extra 10 mins to do and if it helps in hot weather / long climbs then all the better.

As usual YMMV etc.

Rob.

Comment

can some one send me the links where to buy the full kit for this, including the rad drop brackets
                        ***** Cheers Douggie *****

Comment

Guess what arrived today?!

10 shiny 2" lumps of nylon, and some big bolts.

Now,

Do I do it myself, or is there someone out there in the midlands thats done it before and would like to do another one? - I figure this is gonna be 10 times quicker than me "learning it".

Anyone up for a fitting day? There's a couple of crates of beer in it for ya!
                          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

ahem !
                            PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                              Guess what arrived today?!

10 shiny 2" lumps of nylon, and some big bolts.

Now,

Do I do it myself, or is there someone out there in the midlands thats done it before and would like to do another one? - I figure this is gonna be 10 times quicker than me "learning it".

Anyone up for a fitting day? There's a couple of crates of beer in it for ya!
                              Depending on where it is - any chance of me either joining in or watching? (ooer! Sounds like going dogging or something!)

Comment

Working...
                              X